Before Hogwarts; James Potter

September 1, 1971

   James Fleamont Potter was a lonely child. Never really having people other than his parents to talk to. He had tried to talk to the boy next door, Peter Pettigrew, but to no avail. Peter was a shy and timid boy so he had no interest in trying to befriend James.

James was okay with being alone, he had learned to keep himself occupied. Most days he spent out in the yard practicing Quidditch in hopes of making the team in his second year. He played wizard chess with his Father, Fleamont, most evenings, unless he was out late at work. And James was okay with this.

But this didn't stop him from being overly-excited to go to Hogwarts to make friends.

"Mum! Dad," James yelled loudly. "Today's the day!! I'm going to Hogwarts!"

"James, it's... 6:00 a.m. Why are you up at this hour," Euphemia questioned.

"I don't blame him, Mia. I was waking my parents up at 4 on my first day of Hogwarts, so we got lucky," Fleamont said, trying to defend James.

"Yeah Mom, you got lucky," James chuckled.

And on that day, James made friends. The greatest friends he would ever have. And he was grateful. Grateful that he wasn't lonely, grateful that they chose to be his friend. 

AN: I might do Peters story but I don't know, should I? I'm gonna do Remus' but it's gonna be different from the atyd one so don't hate me.