Prologue

Genevieve POV

*
*
*

"Dad....I-I can't sleep."

After a short moment , I heard shuffling of sheets, then I spotted his silhouette as he crawled out of bed. Snapping the lights on, his long legs hit the bedroom floor. Dad rubbed his eyes and a sleepy smile broke on his face. I noticed my mother, unbothered by my interruption, fast asleep on the other side of their bed. He came towards me, lifted me in his strong, gentle arms and just like every other night he carried me back to my room to stay with me until I fall asleep.

He rubbed the back of his neck, pensive, and sat me on my bed. "Do you want me to tell you another story tonight, Gigi?"

I shook my head, "Can I see your wolf again dad?" I asked hopefully.

"I thought you'd say that." He chuckled and nodded. "You're way too spoiled, Gigi."

"It's not my fault you love me." I smiled. My father had always done anything he possibly could to please me. He bought me unlimited toys and dresses, surprised me with a new gift every day and he planned a road trip for the both of us every weekend. I was his little princess, and he was my hero. We did everything together.

When I was only three years old, he came to my room in wolf form and saw that I wasn't sleeping. He laid on the floor waiting for me to pass out, but that didn't happen until I went to lay beside him. From that day onwards, we slept like that. Mom would join sometimes but she didn't like it.

Dad reached out and took one of my chestnut curls in his big hand, then placed it behind my ear and his hand came to a caress my chin. "And it's not my fault you're the most irresistible little girl in the world." He pointed out. I resembled my dad, we had the same brown big eyes and brown hair; while mom had blonde hair and small blue eyes. "C'mon, let's get you to bed, you have school tomorrow."

I pouted, "Dad?" I called.

"Yes, sweetheart." He answered, his gaze was soft and calming.

"I don't want to." I confessed. "I don't want to go without you."

"It's okay Gigi," he took my small hands in his. "I'm not going to be there with you, but I'll be here, waiting for you to return. And I bet you'll have amazing things to tell me when you get back." He pinched my cheek and smiled down at me.

"Okay, can we go for icecream after?" I begged.

"Anything for you little one." He chuckled lightly.

"Dad, I'm not little." I argued.

"Since when?" He pretended to be shocked.

"Since I became five last month." I answered proudly. "One day I'll be as tall and strong s you."

"So I guess you're too old for icecream then, huh." He shrugged standing from the bed.

My eyes widened, "No one is too old for icecream."

He let out a deep, loud hearty laughter. "Whatever you say Gigi," he held my arm and helped me stand on my bed. "You'll never stop being my baby girl." I giggled and nodded.

He then excused himself from the room, shifted and then returned in his beautiful grey wolf. It's paws and tail end were graced with outstanding black spots. He was huge. That's why I loved behind around him, not only was he protective of me in human form but also wolf. I felt safe around dad, he provided me comfort.

I came down from my bed and went towards my favorite person. My small hands stretched towards his enormous head and touched his slightly wet nose, petting him softly. I walked over to the small corner of my room. I sat on the makeshift bed, and dad came beside me. I shivered in my light nightgown and curled up into a ball beside him. I laughed as he used his mouth to cover me with my pink, barbie theme blanket.

"Good night dad." I wished him.

'Goodnight baby girl. I love you Gigi, with everything i have.' He explained through our mind link.

I bathed my hands through his furry body. "I love you too, dad." Sleep seemed unlikely, but it must have happened shortly after my head hit his warm, comforting body.