Chapter 13

Campbell pov

When I entered the room Aurelia was sitting up in bed, braced against a pillow holding Kailey. Kailey was smiling ear to ear while her mother sang nursery rhymes rocking her to and fro. Aurelia glanced up at me from her relaxed position on the bed and then her attention swung back to our daughter. "Welcome home, how was your day?"

I placed the envelope i got from me the mail on the bed beside her, on my way to the closet the singing slowly dialed down. I stripped out of my suit and into boxers and a t-shirt.

"Why did you open it?" She didn't sound angry, after all I was the one to be upset.

I scoffed, "I think I should be asking you why you're receiving a retiring letter from the organization you left twenty years ago." My voice raised slightly at the end causing Kailey to shift uncomfortably on Aurelia's lap. I closed my eyes breathing in deeply, my hands clenched and unclench as I relaxed.

"I-I," she sighed, struggling to find words, I glanced up to find her looking down with tears in her eyes. I mind linked kylen to come get Kailey, I didn't want her to see us argue . Aurelia and I rarely argued and whenever we did we tried to do it when our kids weren't around.

We waited in silence, I was confined in my need for answers and Aurelia wasn't sure what to tell me. Neither of us moved until a knock sounded at the door. Aurelia moved off the bed and walked to the door with her head down, Kailey began to cry as she was passed to Kylen, who didn't ask any questions. She closed the door saying goodbye to the kids, however she never faced me. Her hand dropped from the doorknob and fell limp at her sides.

I wasn't mad at her specifically. I was mad at what she did. I saw no good reasons for her actions, so I wanted to know them. I wanted to know why she lied to me for twenty years, I wanted the reasons for her betrayal.

I heard her sigh, "I didn't lie about leaving," she whispered. "I officially left months before we got married, and I was happy, I had you and Amber." Her voice trembled, she turned around and the pain in her eyes made me want to hold her but I couldn't do that.

"But after-after we lost Cameron I couldn't believe he was really gone. I joined in hopes of finding out what really happened to our son." She sobbed.

"You know Cameron died, Aurelia. We both felt it." I glared at her, she really did all that to chase a ghost. She wanted us to experience that lost again?

"Cam I-I didn't know what else to do, I couldn't sleep thinking he was really gone." She cried.

"Well did you find him, huh?" I shouted. "Did you Aurelia?"

She cringed at my toned and continued crying. The fact that I was making her crying made be want to punch myself, but I couldn't look pass what she did, at least not right now. I needed to clear my head, I needed to be away from my mate.

I stormed out the room and left her there, her arms wrapped around herself as to provide some form of comfort.

For the for time since finding my mate, I voluntarily left her.

Genevieve POV

Kylen came downstairs holding his sister, her head was hidden in his neck but I heard her silence hiccups and sobs. I looked at him confusingly, he claimed his father called him for Kailey. We were just about to watch a movie together when it happened.

'What happened?' I mouthed with my arm gestured out in question.

"We're going to get ice cream, wanna join?" I nodded without questioning him any further. We drove to the ice cream shop, bought Kailey favorite ice creams and chocolates then went to one of the parks nearby, 'Mikayla Ivanov'. I asked Kylen about the origin of the name.