Chapter 8

Campbell POV

After my very well deserved run, I shift then slipped on a pair of jeans and shirt then entered the house. I had a stressful day and needed nothing but to have my mate in my arms. The place was quiet, Kylen was at the office, Amber and Tommy had a doctor's appointment, and Aurelia was probably asleep with Kailey. Kailey had become very clingy lately and requested our presence at all times. We made a schedule so she'd always be with one of us, when Aurelia and I both are busy she'll stay with her big brother.

I practically run upstairs in need of her presence, my heart break as I entered our room and found her on the side of our bed crying. Her hand muffled her sobs as she tired to silence them. She was yet to realize I had entered the room; her focus on a photo in her hand.

"Aurelia?" she gasped, head turning to the sound of my whisper. I settled down beside her, taking her in my lap with both her leg at each of my sides. I buried my head in her neck and sighed, her hand held a fist of my shirt and the other held the photo.

"I'm sorry, I should have been here," I inhaled her scent to ease the guilt I felt. "Why didn't you tell?" I hadn't noticed that I was blocked by her, I couldn't tell how she felt through our bond and now I knew why.

Suddenly, the wall between us disappeared and I felt everything she did; guilt, sadness, loss.

And I knew nothing about it.

Aurelia knew I was stressed and had a busy schedule, I get that she didn't want to add anything else to it, but I'd never be too busy when it came to her.

I glanced at the photo in her hand once again, a reminder of the despair in our lives. It was one of the few pictures we had of Cameron, our late son. He was just a month old in this one, his face resting peacefully asleep. He was taken away when he was only two years old. I made it my mission to search every inch of the earth until he was found. After a week of useless huntin, we lost our connection with him. We felt the the pain our baby boy felt when he died. I've never felt so useless in my life, everything fell apart. Aurelia and I had the hardest time processing things, we never left Amber's and klyen's side at the fear of losing them too. Till this day, it haunts us. I could have done something to prevent it, we could have kept them in our room. It wasn't our fault but we could've tried harder to get him back.

Kylen knows nothing about Cameron, it was too painful to discuss. He had every right to know this information but we didn't have the words; yes we knew it was wrong.

By law, Cameron was to take my place, due to his absence, it was passed on to kylen. He was no doubt an incredible alpha. He worked well with the others to ensure the safety and well-being of our pack. I couldn't be more proud, we raised him to be the person he was today.

Unfortunately, he had issues with his abilities, and had a hard time controlling them. Like Amber , he was a hybrid. An offspring of Aurelia and I. His powers were incredible.

Growing up he'd lash out for no reason, he'd have nightmares every night, random portals opening to weird places and he started isolating himself. Aurelia and Lavinia help him out and he learn to control it. It's been a year without anything out of the ordinary happening.

Our heads peaked towards the door when we heard soft knocks. We chuckled knowing it was definitely Kailey, she must have woken up. She did the same thing every night, knocking three times so we'd let her in.

"You okay babe?" She nodded and wiped her eyes with in her sleeve. "We'll talk later, okay?"

We got up and I went to opened the door,
"Hey sweetheart," I smiled down at Kailey then took her in my arms. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned.