Chapter 3

"Wait, forty five thousand people?!?!" Stopping in my tracks I stared in astonishment at Amberlynn, whom had just informed me about the popularity of Lichen pack. I can say I've heard of it, but not a lot of details. Lichen was one of the most discreet organizations, I came to believe they no longer existed or something had destroyed the pack. I guess they were busy expanding their resources. I learnt from Amberlynn that the whole city was now their territory. The former Alphas, Caleb, Campbell and Clyde, as I recalled, spent the last fifteen years creating a program which helped rogues and any others in need. Their techniques and leadership helped them to be one of the greatest packs to this day.

"Yes," she laughed at my reaction. "That's how we got to you. Your mother informed us that you needed help and a place to stay until she, herself, could come for you." Amberlynn presented.

"Did she say anything else?" I asked, desperate for answers.

We continued walking from the room I was gifted. "No, she didn't. We do respect our clients privacy and she requested that we respect hers." Amberlynn gracefully caressed her baby bump with one hand while the other was behind her back. To me she appeared to be at least eight months on in her pregnancy, but, because we're werewolves she's around three to four months in.

"But how does that assure the pack's safety? You take in rogues and don't question the reasons they want help in the first place? Isn't that dangerous?" I awaited her answers with a quizzical look.

"Trust me when I say there's nothing to worry about." She smiled then led me to the kitchen. Suprising, no one was around. "And I'm sure we don't have to worry about you, do we?" She raised her brown in question.

I rolled my eyes. "No." I answered truthfully. I'm wasn't even sure why I needed these people help.

"This is the kitchen," she stated the obvious. "Help yourself to some breakfast, give me a second." She smiled and left immediately.

I scoffed at her retreating form. They expected me to prepare my own meal, that's completely preposterous. It's not possible to run such a huge population without maids. I angrily sat at the counter and sighed. At least at my pack, there were servants. The omegas would do everything for us.

I turned to the entrance the moment I heard some walk in. "Good, Amberlynn most have sent you." I suggested. The lady looked at me confusingly. "Well, don't just stand there, make my breakfast." I ordered.

"Excuse me?" She argued.

I sniffed the air and laughed. "They didn't informed me about filthy humans  being here." I scrunched my face in disgust. "You're worst than omegas. And why aren't you making my breakfast already, maid."

"I didn't find the uhh..." Amberlynn walked in a looked at us. "Oh, Genevieve you must have met..."

"Your horrible maid?" I asked. "Yeah, I did. She needs to understand her place, and this is clearly not the place for a filth like her."

"I beg your pardon?" Amberlynn sounded offended by my statement.

"I'm just saying you could consider making your staff more obedient. I'm sure she'll act accordingly after I'm done with her." I stated.

The lady spoke to Amberlynn in a foreign language, Russian I assumed. They exchange words then Amberlynn turned back to me.

"Shes my mother!!" She shouted.

My eyes widened. "I-I uh."

"You what Genevieve? And what if she was a maid? That's how you would treat her?" She took two steps closer to me and I backed away.