Chapter 9

Genevieve POV

I haven't seen Kylen seen our last encounter. That was over a week ago. He didn't come to any training and he never showed up to the pack house. I couldn't wrap my head around what happened. It replayed in my mind like a broken record, yet still it was hard to accept.

Kylen had powers, nothing could prepare me for that. I knew every pack had their fae blood line but I never expected my mate to be one. It wasn't a bad thing, it was actually incredibly to know. Kylen however, was different that any I've seen. He was darker. I saw it in his eyes.

I regret what I did, I pushed him too far. I didn't know why he chose to ignore the mate pull, now I did and I wished I had waited for him to tell me himself.

What am I saying?

That wasn't something to hide from your other half, we may be strangers now but one day I'll be his world. He shouldn't have created unnecessary obstacles in the way of our relationship. He should have told me.

I sighed remembering who his parents were, Campbell and Aurelia Throndsen, former alpha and Luna of Lichen. His mother basically hates me, after all, I disrespected her. I hope Klyen doesn't tell them I'm his mate, at least not until I've apologized. And when he finds out about the things I said to his mom because she was human, he'll probably hate me too.

"Yow, are you even listening ?!"

An annoyed tone snapped me from my trance, Ronnie roll his eyes at my absentmindedness. I must have zoned out in the middle of his story.

"Can I see you soon?" I whispered looking away.

He stopped glaring then paused, "Is anything the matter?"

I haven't mention anything about Kylen, I had no idea why I wasn't telling my best friend; we told each other everything. "I found my mate," I blurted out, his curious stare turned to one of shock.

"Genevieve that's great," he confirmed with a smile, "or is it?"

I signed, after telling him what happened he understood my position. He started laughing as if i had told him the most hilarious thing ever. That was typical of Ronnie, after having his fun he'd then give me advice.

"I think you should go see him," he spoke after a while. "Both of you need to sort this out. Note that I don't like this mate of yours and will never have a liking for him." He told me straight up. Ronnie is strictly straightforward and i never had to worry about him hiding something. It angered him that Kylen hadn't acknowledge what we were. "You're on your own when it comes to the mother," he laughed. "I told you multiple times you needed to change that attitude of yours,"

I rolled my eyes, "Whenever,"

"That's what I'm talking about-" he got cut off my someone in his background, I didn't hear what they were saying. "I'll talk to you later, love you." He said to me, him tone turning serious.

"Love you too." I gave him a smile as the call ended.

I groaned and rolled out of bed, I came back from training two hours ago and I haven't left my room since my return. I thought about what Ronnie advised, I should go see him. I needed to clear things up. I left my room
in search of Cecilia, she could tell me where he lived. Entering the kitchen, I spotted Tommy, he was about to take his leave. I haven't seen him once since my arrival.