Chapter 11

Agent 2 POV

Of course they'd choose today, of all days, to assign me with a new team. Is it my fault my last men were brutally murdered? No. And I'm totally fine being on my own. I have no time to be babysitting weaklings.

I entered the boss's office with a bored expression, I didn't want to be there and it was printed on my face.

"There's my favorite killer," he exclaimed. "Tell me, how are you?" His hoarse voice made me want to shoot my eardrums out.

"I'm not here for the small talk, what do you want?" I asked setting down. The room stench of brume from the many cigarettes he smoked every time the clock ticked. The room was as shady and bleak as his soul. Thick, heavy curtain hid the windows, you wouldn't even know it's there.

"Ah, that's what I love about you, always cutting to the chase. That's why you're the guy for the job." He gently stroked his sort of reddish beard, as to irritate me.

The door opened as I was about to reply, I could tell without looking that three men had entered. So I'm being assigned to a team after all. I slowly shook my head at the massive bad luck I walked around with.

Leo looked up and smirked, "you men are right on time." He smiled brilliantly. "I'm sure you boys know each other by reputation, it's time you finally got accustomed with each."

"Why do we need to transfer to a new team?" A familiar voice statement, I hated that voice.

"Agent 7, four of you recently lost your team, this reassignment is necessary." He lit another cigarette and walked around the desk. "We have a very, very dangerous situation at hand. You're the only men we see fit."

"Agent 2?" He called and I stood, "these are your new playmates." He informed me and I took the chance to look at the guys behind me.

"This is agent 5," he pointed his cigarette from me to a tall blond, his eyes held emptiness, like starting at a starless sky. With his arms crossed he stood observingly. I've seen his results from every mission he got, He carried out his responsibilities without hesitation or remorse. If I have to work with someone, at least it's agent 5; he understood what was expected of every situation.

"That's agent 1," Leo nodded towards a darkened skin guy, he had an incredibly unique reputation around here. The organization valued his strategizing and leadership skills. He planned and executed plans incredibly well. No one knew much about him, he mostly keep to himself and didn't have much friends. His recent team didn't die, just move to another level in their training. Agent 1 deserved his status of the highest ranking member in our category, and I do intend on taking his position soon.

"And agent 7," he pointed towards the guy who wore a smirk with hands stuffed in his jeans. I couldn't tolerate the guy, he was completely immature and delinquent. I don't think he had taken a thing serious in life. He's never failed a mission but that childlike mindset has it consequences and he'll witness that soon.

"I don't like any of you." I made my thoughts known. "And don't get in my way." I warned. I hated working with people, I personally rather being on my own. Less dramatic to put up with.

"Well, this will be fun," Leo smirked with his arms crossed.

"I'm sure it will......." Agent 7 agreed. I rolled my eyes out of irritation, I swear I'll be the one to kill this idiot.

"Anyways, your flight leaves in 5 minutes."

*

*

*

Kylen POV

"Do you wanna talk about what's bothering you?"