Chapter 12

"Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." — Napoleon Hill

I could no longer feel the cold concrete against my skin, I wasn't warm yet not comfortable. I opened my eyes and found myself against a tree sitting upright with a huge tshirt covering my nudity and a fire a few feet away in front of me. Luna Aurelia and the others were sitting around it under the nightly sky. My body was in pain, and because of the lack of food and water I was too weak and dehydrated to heal quickly.

I wondered where we were and how we got out.

"Where are we?" My voice was hoarse and came out as a squeak. Cecilia came to my aid and provided me with some water. I've never drank so fast in my life, I could feel the liquid making it's way down my throat but after a while it was as if I didn't get any in the first place.

"We are a couple miles from the city," she informed me. "We got a signal out and help will be here any moment now."

I nodded in relief, "What happened with..." I hesitated as I remembered what almost happened with that disgusting guy.

"He's gone, I'm sorry that happened to you." She cast her gazed down, "I never wanted anything to-"

I placed my hand on her shoulders, "there's nothing to be sorry about, I should be thanking you; you had my back, back there."

Looking in the other's direction I thank them also and earned myself a reassuring smile. Cecilia warned me about the injuries on my side and advised me not to move to make it worst. I wasn't healing fast and it needed to be checked out by the doctor before it became infected or worse.

A low growl swelled in my throat as I felt people approaching us, Alpha Campbell, Tommy and Klyen walked out with about twenty men behind them. Klyen, seeing him I almost started crying. The urge to run to him and jump into his arms came but I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

I watched as Aurelia and Amberlynn mates rushed to them and questioned them about what happened. Cecilia run to her parents. I ignored the rest of they interacted, my eyes fixed on my mates swift movements toward me. He didn't say anything, with a blank expression printed on his face he knelt and pulled my head to his chest. I sigh gratefully to be in his arms, I wasn't being neglected.

*

*

*

I woke up to the nauseating smells of hospital sterilizers invading my nose. Apart from the beeping sound of the machines, the room was completely silent. Squinting in attempt to adjust to the light settings, I glanced around the blue and white room. How long have I been here? I realized I wasn't alone went I sat up, Klyen was fast asleep on the couch. My heartbeat increased at the sight of him, causing the heart monitor to beep faster. I held my breath when he sudden rushed from his position and towards me as if I was in danger.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He sounded as how he looked, tired.

I frowned, "Everything is fine. I didn't expect you to be in here, that's all." He nodded then gave me a bottle of water in which I greedily drank. After disposing the bottle he sat on the side of the bed and turned to me. I was slightly sitting  with my elbows supporting my body weight.

"Hi." I found myself saying. I could hardly think with him behind so close to me.

"Hi," he chuckled, his smile only stayed a spilt seconds for it vanished the moment he glanced at my side. I followed his gaze and found my shirt tore were the injury bandages were, it didn't even hurt anymore.