Chapter 7

"She's doing it again," Amber gasped her delight as she smiled at Tommy. His hand went up to her tummy, where their baby girl grew. He smiled, a tiny dimple danced at the corner of his lips. "Do you feel that?" She placed her hand over his and he nodded, his joy displayed on his face. Mom and dad also had a proud smile of their own, we were all eager to welcome our newest member.

Mom and dad were sitting on the couch opposite of Amber and Tommy, and I was sitting in a beanbag in the center.

"I can't wait to see mom as a grandmother," I smirked waiting for her reaction. She was more excited than Amber herself when she told us about her pregnancy but mom hated how we mocked her for being old.

"Kylen," dad warned, trying suppress his smile.

"No Cam, let the boy speak," Mom smiled. I immediately knew she was going to roast me. "Maybe if he stop talking and took action, I'd be sitting with children of his own."

Every one laugh and mom sat back satisfied with her words. "He's not ready to find his mate, and that's okay." Amber said, trying to stop her laughter.

"But has he thought about his mate's needs?" Mom inquired. " they're probably dying to meet him."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, they have no clue that I've found my mate and, sadly, blew her off, twice. They understood why I didn't want to meet my mate as yet, I had a lot of things to settle in my life.

"I don't think you should be lecturing the kid Aurelia, you weren't too welcome to the idea of having a mate either," dad mentioned.

"Yeah mom," I smirked, "didn't you threatened dad?"

She shrugged then laughed, "He should have approached me in a more reasonable way."

"I did, I walked up to you, didn't I?" Dad defended himself.

"As a five year old, I found you guys very entertaining back then," Amber said, her hand slowly rubbing her belly.

"I needed time to adjust."

"No mom, you needed time to think of an excuse." I corrected her.

"But I learnt my lesson, and being with your father was the best decision of my life." She looked at Amber and I. "The discovery of your mate isn't only about claiming them, it's also about how they make you feel mentally, emotionally and physically. They are supposed to be there for you in your darkest times," she then glanced at dad and took his hand in hers. "They are to remind you of your worth when you forget, listen to you when you have something to say, and show you the joy of being alive."

Amber and Tommy looked at each other knowingly, they knew exactly what mom was talking about. I hoped to be just that for my mate, but there was no way I could have her by my side if there's still a possibility of me hurting her. For now, I had to keep my distance.

*

*

"You'll be contacted for further information, materials will be provided by the pack for your departure," I handed her the last of her files, she thanked me then left my office. It's been three hours since i came to carry out my tasks. I talked with most of the people who were on the list and it's been going well. I mind linked Cecilia to send the next person in and five minutes after my door opened and softly closed.

I took a quick look from my desk and froze, my entire body tensed. She slowly walked towards with her head held high and took a seat before me. She just sat there across from me staring blankly at the wall behind me. I couldn't blame her for not wanting to look at me, I'd do the same.

When she continued to stare at me blankly, I decided to say something. "How can I be of help?" She brown eyes turned to mine at the sound of my voice.

"Cecilia said you could help me move forward," she answered, her soft voice sent chills all over my body.

"As in out of the pack?" I asked with a brow raised.

"Yes," was all she replied with.

I couldn't possibly allow her to leave, that wasn't my intention. I cleared my throat and tried to act professional, I couldn't show how her words affected me. "I'm not apart of this pack and I chose not to be, I'll  be joining another." She explained.

My grip on the pen tightened and my jaw clenched, that wasn't the news I expected to hear today. I assumed that I was the reason for this decision and that made me feel worst.

"And what was the source of this decision?" I forced myself to asked. My voice was low, almost a whisper.

She shrugged, "there's nothing wrong with the place, it's just that I have nothing here, but I do have someone waiting for me in another pack I hope to transfer to."

"But you do have something here," I knew I had no right to tell her that after what I did.

She raised a brow in disbelief,"I hope you aren't referring to yourself,"

"What if I was?" I argued.

"I don't care, I'm leaving and that's finally, if you won't help me, I'll get someone else to do it, alpha," 

(Genevieve POV)

With a brow raised I said, "I hope you aren't referring to yourself,"

His eyes grew darker, "what if I was?" His voice was low as his anger peeked out. It was obvious that my plan was working. I found out about him helping wolves to leave the pack and decided to use it to my advantage. His actions confirmed my theory, he didn't want me to leave and he cared about me being his mate. If he didn't want to acknowledge that, I had to force him. Bold of him to assume I was leaving my Luna title behind.

I pretended as if I was mad at his stubbornness, "I don't care, I'm leaving and that's finally, if you won't help me, I'll get someone else to do it, alpha," 

His eyes went pitch dark and he stood abruptly. I jumped up went his fist thrust into his desk. I stared at him in shocked, the desk was thrown across the room without him laying a finger. With the obstacle erased, he walked towards. For every step he took forward I took back, I was scared for my life. I flinched when the objects around us started to stir around . My eyes couldn't stay opened due to my hair blowing in my face caused by the wind created. I whimpered when I heard his inhuman growl, I thought I was going to die. I thought my mate was going to kill me.

And in that moment, It looked as if he was.