Chapter 2

I was able to carry my stuff to the car without interfering with anyone else. The night was suspiciously quiet, and I found it weird no one was around. I didn't know where I was going, or what I was supposed to do; I awaited mom's  further instructions. My mind swirled with helpless thoughts, I needed to know what was happening. Was my mom in danger?

Suddenly, my car door was forced open and I got thrown from the driver's seat. My elbow slammed into a sharp object, likely a stone. I was paralyzed with shock and fear as I entered the world of panic.

"You killed my sister!!!" Some chick shouted standing before me. "All for what? To become luna?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" I angrily asked. Glancing up i recognized the sister of Liam's late mate foaming before me. Okay then. I hope she had an explanation for almost causing me to break my nails, and I hope to moon goddess nothing is wrong with my face.

"How dare you deny it?" She cried. "The least you can do is own your actions." She told me as she began to shift. I quickly pushed myself up from the ground and ran to the car. I searched for the keys but they weren't there. They must have accidentally fell outside. I desperately scanned the ground for my one change of getting out of that place. It was spotted just under the car door. Just as I had it in my grasp, I was knocked down again by the maniac. Her wolf growled at me, I used both my hands to create a barrier between my neck and her claws and teeth. What was wrong with this chick?

"Get off me," I screamed. I kicked her, which caused her to whimper and get off me. I took that chance to get up and ran to the car, then I slammed the door and drove off. I didn't stop or look back, I drove out of the pack lands and continued. Looking around me, my heart dropped. Half of the pack was running behind me, hiding in the forest.

'Genevieve, we know what you have done. Stop now, before it's too late.' Liam ordered.

'What do you mean? What's this about?' I asked while crying. Great, now I was ruining my makeup. What a waste of expensive mascara.

'Pull over!!' He ordered.

I started to sob. I heard all their voices in my head, calling me names, accusing me of murder. I was going insane. My phone rang and I hastily picked up.

"Mom!?" I cried. "What's going on? Where are you?"

"I sent you an address, make sure you're alone when you get there. I love you." She said then hang up.

"Mom, wait!!! What did you do??? Mom!!! Mom!!!" I shouted helplessly to no one. I screamed and viciously hit my hands against the steering wheel. I had no idea what was going on or what I did to piss everyone off. Pfff, who was I kidding, I wasn't the problem here.

'Pull over Genevieve!!!' Liam ordered again. I didn't even know why I was disobeying his order, he was the future alpha after all, yet he had no control over me, but how?

I lost them when I got on the highway. I sighed in relief. There was no way they were going to expose themselves to the humans and I got lucky.

After driving for half an hour, I stop to check my phone for mother's instructions. She messaged me an address about two hours drive from where I was. Before I left, I tried her phone again but got no answer.

"Mom, what have you done?" I whispered softly as I drove. What should I even expect to find there? I stretch my hand to the passenger's seat where my bag was and took out some napkins. Carefully, I cleaned my face and within minutes all make up was removed.

*

I turned my engine off as I came to a stop at a deserted gas station. I didn't intend on staying long, the place was quiet and creepy. It gave me scary movies vibes, and the night sky didn't make it any better. I jumped, startled from the loud knock on my window. I squealed at the figure standing right outside with one of it's fist on the glass. I figured it was a man due to their height and body structure. He pulled his black hoodie and I was eye to eye with a tan, brown hair man who looked to be just a few years older than I was.

"Open the door." He mouthed. There's no way in hell I was going to do that sir. "Your mother told me to pick you up." He included when I didn't budge. My eyes widened and I opened the door. I jumped out and started to attack him with questions. I also noticed that he was a werewolf.

"Where is she?" I asked desperately.

"Woah, I don't know. She only told us to get you, she said you needed a place to stay." He said. Isn't he helplessness.

"And where are you taking me?" I curiously threw at him.

"My pack, you'll stay there as long as you wish." He genuinely said. "I'll drive us there, you can rest."

I nodded my head and headed to the passenger's seat while he went in the driver's seat. I knew it wasn't the best thing to do, and this guy was a complete stranger, but I was exhausted and I needed some sleep. I rested my head against the window hoping to get some sleep. I haven't slept in my human form in a long time, I didn't even have a reason for a bed at this point.

*

I woke up and looked around for a while with a startled expression, unable to realize where I was. My phone was vibrating none stop in my pocket. I hurriedly took it out hoping it was my mom. I sighed seeing that it wasn't her, but I was happy to see a familiar name.

"Don't answer that." I slightly jumped at the sound of the guys voice.

I eyed him."Why?"

He looked at me for a second then back at the road. "You need to get rid of that, we'll have a new one waiting for you." He mentioned. "Chances are someone could be tracking you."

I groaned and threw the phone out the window. I planned on calling Ronnie the moment I got a new phone. Ronnie used to be a member of the pack; he left a long time ago. He was my best friend and the closest thing I had to a brother. We always facetimed and texted to keep in contact since he moved away. I needed to talk to someone and he was the prefect person for that. He would probably come back to comfort me.

We continued our journey until nightfall. I was about to fall asleep when the man mentioned that we had reached.

"A room was prepared for you at the pack house. You'll meet our pack leaders tomorrow." He stepped out the car and I did too.

"Finally," a woman's perky voice said. "We've been waiting on you to get back." I stared at the beautiful face of a redhead woman. She was as tall as I was; 5"7'.

The man smiled widely and walked towards the lady, who was apparently pregnant. He gave her a peck on the lips and a cautious hug. They then turned to me.

"You must be Genevieve," she guessed and I nodded. "I'm sure you're exhausted, I'll show you to your room. All your stuff will be brought up shortly by my husband here."

I took a step back, "I'm sorry but who are you people."

The lady hit her husband and scolded him for not introducing himself when we first met. He just laughed, it seemed as if the scolding happened often and something he was used to; he must have found it adorable. I grew slightly jealous at the way he was looking at her, with both love and adoration .

"I'm sorry for my informally," he joking apologized to please his pregnant mate. "I'm Tommy and this is my wife," Tommy kissed her forehead then pulled her closer to himself. "Amberlynn."