Chapter 15

Aurelia POV

Looking out the kitchen window, I noticed how the once clear sky had gone dark from the presence of large grey clouds. First I heard small tappings on the window then it soon became pitter-patter. The trees moved violently to the calls of the stormy winds, which harmonized with the beating rain. People started to run for cover from the unexpected outburst, luckily for us, we came in from the pool few minutes before it had started.

Kailey whimpered at the peal of thunder, I quickly turned from the window and went to her aid. She was in her pink bathing suit and the floaty was still around her waist, after removing it I took her in my arms. "It's okay, it's just a little rain." I cooed. Kailey had never been a fan of storms, she hates anything dark and wet. "We'll go home soon." I assured her. Lavinia invited us over for a pool theme party for one of the orphans in the pack.; everyone left an hour ago.

"Lavinia?!" I called walking from the kitchen to the hall. "Hi Clyde," I greeted spotted them on the couch. Clyde was home so it meant that Campbell was back also.

"Hi, you ladies had fun today?" He smiled.

"Sure did," I laughed and Lavinia nodded.

Lavinia had changed out of her bikini, she was wearing dry, warm clothes. I choose not to wear anything other than the jeans and shirt I had on, because I didn't planned on going in water.

"Is Campbell back?" I asked causally.

He nodded, "yeah, we came back few hours ago."

"Hours??" Lavinia glared, "and you're just coming home?"

Clyde smiled awkwardly, "just a few drinks with the guys." He shrugged.

I excused myself knowing Clyde was going to receive a great scolding from his mate, then portal Kailey and I home. "See, that wasn't bad." I said when we arrived in her room. I gave her a warm bath then some comfortable clothes to wear. While combing her curly Afro in a ponytail, I noticed her face turning pale and her breathing becoming shallow.

"Kailey?" I called in panic, "What's wrong?" Before I knew what was happening, she turned her head to the side and started puking. It only took a few seconds before she stopped and turned back to me. Her eyes were filled with panic and the look on her face brought tears to my eyes. She was clearly in pain.

"Momm-yy," she whimpered before fainting.

I caught her before she hit the ground, I didn't even realize I was screaming Campbell's name until he rushed into the room. Terror set in his eyes as he stared at us on the floor.

"Babe, what happened," he rushed to my side and checked on Kailey.

I opened a portal without answering and got to my feet holding my precious baby securely. We jumped in, ending up in the center of the hospital.  We were fortunate to find Graciela's eldest son, Dr. Jason, leaving a patient's room. Seeing the panic in our eyes and Kailey in my arms he ran to our aid.

He removed the stethoscope from around his neck and placed it on Kailey's chest, "Alpha, Luna, what happened?"

"She started throwing up then she passed out," I cried, my hold on my baby growing stronger.

"Luna give her to me, I'll see what's wrong with our young Luna." Dr. Jason whispered so I'd get his intentions clearly.

Taking one final, worried look at her passed out in my arms, I placed her in the safety of Dr. Jason. Another nurse came to assist and they disappeared behind huge doors.

Did I do this to her? Was it something that she ate? Maybe going to the pool wasn't the best idea. I should have been watching her closely, I know I was but I must have been distracted at one point. It was all my fault.