Chapter 16

Wow, it's really been months since I've updated. I appreciate everyone that has been patient with me in this time and I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.

*Long chapter a head*

Aurelia POV

The next day Kayla returned home, her pediatrician gave strict instructions on her diet and some medication to help with the nauseousness that was predicted to last for a few more days. I decided against using magic to help with her condition because we had no clue what side effects were going to happen if a human child were to be exposed to dark magic; I tried once and it backfired. None of us would hesitate if we were certain it was safe for her.

Campbell was preparing dinner in the kitchen while I held Kayla as she slept, in the living room. The Television's noise was a mere blur in the background of my thoughts. I needed to fix things with my mate, I didn't intend on something so little to destroy what we had going on. I want to tell him why I lied and betrayed him, why I went back to the hell I escaped once. There's no secret that he's an understanding person, the fact that I did this was clearly hurting him. I sighed, hugging my precious princess close. I heard the click of the front door, announcing the arrival of someone. I immediately sensed Miles presence which warmed my heart.

"You'd think someone died considering how dead this house is." He boomed arriving in the living room.

A hearty smile gazed my lips, "I thought you were dead considering how much you avoid me." I carefully got to my feet with Kayla still asleep and approaching my dumb brother with a hug.

He kissed my cheek, "I've just been busy with my mate, dear sis," my eyes widened as a great smirk made it's way to his lips.

"I can see you still haven't changed," I retreated back racking Kayla back and forth softly.

"I knew you were dying to see me, I could practically feel your need through the pack link." I rolled my eyes at him, same old Miles. "Btw, how is the event planning coming so far?"

We settled down on the couch, "It's coming on well, the pack is excited to once again carry on the tradition. We'll be helping out with the preparation together I hope, that's if someone doesn't disappear again." I said looking directly at him.

He laughed rolling him eyes as my mate entered. "We were just talking about you." Miles lied standing to greet Cam. They did their bro hug and Cam reply with a sarcastic "sure".

"You're welcome to join us for dinner." Campbell said walking back out.

"Trust me," Miles said following behind him, "the only reason I came so late is because it's dinner time. I basically invited myself." He turned his head to wink at me which I responded with a small laugh.

*

*

*

Campbell and Miles went for a drink two hours ago after dinner. It was really nice to be in the same room with Miles again and see him interact with others, other from his mate and daughter. I missed him so much, almost as I missed Mikayla and my son.

My son.

My sweet, sweet baby boy.

I barely had any moments with him. I didn't have the blessing to witness any of his achievements. His first walk, his first word, him discovering the abilities he possessed, watching him grow up with his brother. All of it was taken away from him. He deserved a happy and long life. Kylen was robbed of his twin, his literal half self. Even I robbed him of the true.

I turn everything in such a mess. I screw up everything. Why did every move I made affect the people around me badly. I don't deserve to be around them.