Chapter 17

Aureliaw POV

As she left, I felt pity for my son. Obviously both our actions hurt him. I couldn't imagine how difficult it was to see your mate and parent no get along. The most important persons in your life. I sighed disappointed in myself.

"I'm sorry, son. I shouldn't have started anything. I should have welcomed her with open arms." Glancing up I met his eyes. For sure he was his Campbell's son, they both hid their emotions well. "I shouldn't have provoked her, for that I was wrong."

"Mom, you can't possibly blame yourself for her actions." Amber scoffed. "This is the second time she said such things to you. I get that you're not human but Kayla is. She has no remorse for her actions."

"We don't know her reasons, we may never know if we hold things against her. No matter what, she is Kylen's mate. We have to make things right."

"Mom, can't you see? The only reason you're putting up with her is because we're mates. Do you like her at all?"

I tensed at my son's question. It's not that I hated her, I've never really thought about my feelings towards her at all. The first impression I got from her was bad and you know what they say about first impressions. Klyen chuckled sadly at my silence and left the room. I sighed not being able to answer him. I had no intention of hating Genevieve, since my son became the age of discovering his mate I was happy and wished to be close to her. But I can't forget about her words, her hatred for humans could get Kayla hurt.

"I don't know what I'd do if you were that way with my parents." Tommy added addressing his mate.

"I don't think I could speak that way to anyone close to you." She answered. "I know we're mates and no one have a say in that, but having a form of acceptance from your family is comforting to have." She smiled. Tommy's parents loved Amber from she was a child. They were happy to find out they were mates.
"Clearly Genevieve don't know what that's like."

"I'll go check on klyen," Tommy kissed Amber's forehead lovingly but she grabbed onto his arm stopping him.

"You said you wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the day," she pouted.

"I know baby, I just want to check on your brother. I'll be back in no time then we'll get ice cream."

Amber's eyes lit up and she let him go. Amber has been obsessed with ice cream. Since she was a child, Campbell had spoiled her with treats. Now the obsession only increased with her being pregnant.

Tommy left and we walked to the living room.

I settled down with Kayla in my arms, I saw Amber struggling slightly to sit, no doubt she was due any moment "How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"Hungry," she said right away.

"That's my cue to go to the kitchen." Campbell stood chuckling.

"It's okay honey, you can take Kayla and I'll prepare something." His face paled.

"No mom!!!" Amber denied. "I don't think I can stand your cooking right now." Three of us laughing at her statement. Campbell have tried everything to help me be a better cook but nothing worked. I always get something wrong.
Everyone in this house was afraid of my cooking.
And I didn't want to use magic.

Kayla finally woke up causing our laughter to dial down.

"Hey honey." I smiled as she rubbed your eyes. She looked around her surroundings, eyes stopping in Amber's direction.

"Ammi," she giggled. Racing out of my lap she ran towards Amber stumbling then and there as her feet carried her.

"Kayla," Amber said with equal amount of happiness. Gathering Kayla in her arms she placing her carful on her lap being cautious about her grown tummy. "Wanna get ice cream with us little sister?" Kayla giggled nodding fast to answer the question.