Miguel/Johnny ~ Not So Alone Anymore Pt. 2

(TW: mentions of rape)

Having a baby is hard.

At 28 weeks, they started decorating and painting the nursery. The two decided to go with soft lavender walls, white furniture, and a butterfly theme.

Miguel's mother always told him that butterflies bring good luck and peace. He knew his daughter would bring just that..

Johnny built the crib, changing table, dresser, and put up shelves for extra storage he knew they'd need later. The only thing left to get was the rocking chair. He was so glad he didn't have to build that too. By the end the day, he was exhausted.

He collapsed on his bed so ready for sleep to take him when Miguel waddled in and laid down next to him.

"Sensei you have to feel this." the small boy gushed, rubbing his swollen belly.

"She rolling around again?" Johnny smiled as he carefully placed his hand next Miguel's.

"Not exactly...wait for it." he muttered, holding Sensei's hand in a different place on his upper belly,"This is mainly where I felt it." just then, his belly jumped a little bit causing baby girl to start kicking around again.

"What the hell was that?" Johnny laughed, not taking his eyes off his granddaughter.

"She has her first case of the hiccups. She really doesn't like it." he explained as he watched his belly move with a small smile on his face.

"She can get hiccups like that? I didn't know that was fucking possible." Johnny yawned slightly while he rubbed the baby bump.

Miggy frowned at the small yawn and remembered the guilt he was feeling earlier, "Yeah...she'll be okay though. I'm sorry, I know you're exhausted. Goodnight Sensei." he whispered before he slowly got up.

"Hey, it's fine. Where you going kid? You don't have to go." the older man frowned as he took miggy's hand into his.

"I...But, you're tired and she'll keep you up. I don't want to bother you anymore than I already have." he shrugged, squeezing his hand back.

"Shut up. You know you're not bothering me. Come here." Johnny huffed, gently pulling him back into the bed.

Miguel curled into Johnny's chest, tears present in his eyes, "I'm sorry I wasn't much help today...I really tried."

"Miguel, I know you did. I didn't want your help because I didn't want you guys to get hurt. No tears please.." he tried to soothe the boy who has become his whole world.

"I-I'm sorry." he sniffled hard as he wiped his face.

"No, no apologies. You're fine. What else has you this upset? Is baby girl hurting your belly again?" Johnny asked in full concern mode.

"A little bit, b-but it's not that. I guess I'm just over emotional and tired.." he mumbled, pushing his face into his Sensei's chest.

"Diaz...just tell me. I don't want you going to bed feeling like this." the blonde sighed, "Look at me...look at me honey." he poked the boy's cheek gingerly.

Miguel then looked up reluctantly with tears still flooding his face, "I-I feel so useless l-like I'm just a human incubator. I can't help with anything anymore."

"You are not useless. For fucks sake you're 7 months pregnant, you're supposed to relax. I told you the only things you have to worry about are you and baby girl and school." Johnny affirmed, tenderly wiping away the tears from his boy's face,"Okay? Everything's okay.

The younger boy nodded, "O-okay. I love you S-sensei."

"I love you too honey. Don't ever think those things again, they're not true."