Lord, grant us the gift of discernment

Especially in these times. Help us to have your word deeply rooted within us. For us to be led by your spirit and not our carnal minds and the kingdom of darkness. Help us to discern when you are speaking, the times and seasons, when you want us to do something, when you want us not to do something, when we are in bad company and when we are in good company, when you warn and when you command. Help us to know your voice and know it well. In your word, it says that we are your sheep and as your sheep, we know your voice and follow you. A strangers voice, lord we won't follow. Help us not to follow a strangers voice. Help us to deny ourselves and pick up our cross. To boldly say not our will but your will shall prevail. Help us to be sensitive to your spirit. Quick to obey your voice and slow to speak and even slower to argue against you. That our desires are ligne with your desires for us. That we can remain within our will and not follow our feelings or be deceived. Let us not follow the spirit of fear, perversion or anything that's not of you but be led in peace, love, joy and gentleness.

To be led by you.

In Jesus name. We love you, Lord. Amen

Scripture references

John 10:27-31 (ESV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

John 10:4-5
(NKJV)
4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."

Luke 22:42
(ESV)
42 saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."

Matthew 16:24
(ESV)
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Galatians 5:22-261
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [g]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

-etty