Keep Our Thoughts In Obedience

Heavenly Father, keep our minds in obedience to Your name. Lord Jesus take our thoughts to think on whatever is true, noble and kind. Help us to hold every thought captive in obedience to Your name, the name above every other name. Let every motive and intention we have come from a place of love. A love for you and your church. A love for you and your people. A love for you and our neighbours.

Let our hearts greatest delights be found in you and our thoughts are praiseworthy. Let our minds stayed fixed on you. Guard our hearts and thoughts, let your word renew our minds to meditate on your word and truth. Let our hearts not deceive ourselves and let our minds remain focused on eternity. That we may focus on what is not seen. That there is a spiritual world just as real as what we can see right now and that materialistic things are temporary but your throne remains eternal.

Keep my mind on you. In Jesus name. Amen

- etty

Philippians 4:8
ESV
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

2 Corinthians 10:5
ESV
5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Philippians 2:9-11
ESV
9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Mark 12:31
ESV
31 The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

2 Corinthians 4:18
NKJV
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.