1 Corinthians 13:4-8

ESV
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away

---

Dear heavenly Father

Teach us how to be humble. Teach us to have a heart filled with love. You said that in love there is no boasting. Help us not to think highly of ourselves, our achievements, accomplishments and activities but help us to remain in Your will and way. Help us to recognise You as our source for everything. Help us to remember we are merely stewards of all we are given. Help us to know that without You Lord we are nothing.

Help us to walk in humility knowing we are not more special than our fellow sisters and brothers in Christ. Help us not to see ourselves as more valuable due to our gifts or talents but help us recognise others' gifts and talents. Help us to walk in such a way that we see the potential of greatness in everyone, constantly praying for everyone and constantly seek everyone's success. Help us to take away that competition mindset. Help us not to believe we deserve anything but help us recognise Your grace.

Help us to recognise Your grace and mercy. That all we are is a result of those two. Help me Lord each day to give all glory back to You and to remind others to praise Your Name. To point back to the cross, to the One who rose from the grave. Help me to lift Your name every day and to worship You in awe. Help me to elevate and seek for Your kingdom to come and You will be done. Help me to help build Your kingdom and not focus on myself.

Help me not to get distracted, self-focused and self-absorbed but help me to remain like a little child, teachable and humble. Help me to keep learning from my mistakes and others. Help me never to assume I know it all but to constantly seek the help, knowledge, and wisdom of others. Help me to recognise the grace You've put in others and honour what You're doing in their lives.

Help me to help those who are struggling, new to the faith and who aren't as mature in You to grow and become more like You. Help me to live knowing that all I have belongs to you. That You give and can take. Help me to love others with all my heart that it may be known that I'm Your disciple.

Lord where there is love there is no boasting. There is no pride. There is no selfishness. So kill that in me in Jesus name and rebuke every spirit of pride in me. Lord I need your refining, I need Your correction and I need Your help. Help me to reflect on Your heart, help me to be a servant to all.

In Jesus name. I praise You because I know You'll complete this good work in me and that by the power of the Holy Spirit I'm being transformed to bear these good fruits.

Amen

-etty

Scripture References

1 Peter 5:5-6
NKJV
Submit to God, Resist the Devil
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

"God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble."

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Matthew 23:12
ESV
12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 5:8
ESV
8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

John 13:35
NKJV
35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."