Obedient

Lord give me a heart of obedience. A heart that is fully submitted to you. A heart that desires to do your will. Just as your son obeyed you even till the point of death, so I want to obey you. I want your word and your commands to be my food, conviction and desire. Allow me to live with the conscience of Your presence and increase my love for you.

Lord, you mentioned in your word how if we love you, we will obey you. Help me to love you. To love your character and who you are. When I recognise your greatness and holiness, it makes obedience easier. May I desire to listen to your voice above anything else? Help me to care only about your approval. Help me to obey you in the little things and be faithful over little. Help me not compromise or walk in disobedience. Help me not to grieve you Holy Spirit but enable me to walk according to Your will. Let my heart change into a heart of obedience, a heart that is submissive to you. A heart that surrenders who I am to pick up my cross and follow you.

Lord when it can be my flesh's desiring to follow its own will and go my own path, give me a heart that is sensitive to your Spirit and longs for your will above my own.

Thank you, Jesus, for your grace.

In Jesus' name. Amen.
-

-etty

Scripture References:

Philippians 2:8
ESV
8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

John 4:34
ESV
34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.

John 14:15
NKJV
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments

Ephesians 4:30
ESV
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Matthew 26:39
ESV
39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."