Baseball

I got lost stating out the window. My mood was darkened since Jacob and Bella, though I know I shouldn't feel that way. A part of me just wanted to drive home instead of go to baseball in the rain with the Cullen family.

"It'll be fine, Y/N." Edward says to me as the car stops on the side of the road.

"Where are we?" I asked, not seeing a baseball setup and only road ahead of us and trees on either side for miles.

"I'm gonna have to carry you both there. It would be smart to run you at the same time, but, I can't do that and the rest of the family is there setting up." I figured, with vampire superspeed. Wait. Vampire superspeed.

I pulled Edward aside for a moment. "Edward, what about Bella? She doesn't know about you guys!" I whispered hurriedly. Edward glanced to Bella, lips pressed together.

"Wait. She knows. Oh, I thought- I'm sorry that was stupid of me." My already dampened spirits fell from there. It was ridiculous of me, again, to be so naive as to think for any amount of time that I would be special. That for one second, I would have something that Bella didn't.

Against my will, I felt my face splotch in red as it always did when I got worked up. But instead, I bit  my lip hard until I felt the pull in my throat go away and pulled away from Edward, trying my hardest to smile and not make things about me.

"You take Bella first, Edward, I'll stay here." Edward eyed me suspiciously but obeyed, and for the first time, a look of confusion spread across his face.

Then, without another word, he threw Bella across his back and in one sweep, that I wouldn't even notice if a wave of air didn't come across me.

I wasn't going to allow myself to sulk in my own wounds, I just decided I wasn't going to be so stupid next time. What exactly gave me the impression that I could so easily trust all of these people?

If I put this in perspective, there are a group of actual vampires, that are bringing me and my cousin, who by the way I barely know anyway, to a clearing in the woods to play baseball. In the middle of a thunderstorm.

A wave of uneasiness crashed upon me, and leaning on Edward Cullen's silver Volvo didn't feel as safe as it did five minutes ago.

No longer was my distaste for this trip motivated by feelings, but by logic too. I smelled good, they told me that. Me and Bella are cousins, she had to.. smell good too.

Pulling me from my thoughts, I heard a rush of air across my ear. Immideatly, I jumped to look across and a shine of silver danced across the road so fast I might have been imagining it.

As I moved my head to try to look in the direction of the flash of silver, a voice came from in front of me.

"Edward wanted to stay over there and start the game." Rosalie was standing there, in a red and white baseball uniform, smirking at me.

"Of course, that's fine." I dismiss quietly. At the moment, I wasn't Edward's biggest fan.

"Hey, are you okay?" Rosalie asks, as genuine concern fills her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay! Let's go, shall we?" I ask, and the smile comes more easily this time.

She smiles at me and in the same motion Edward did, takes off into the forest.

My parents never liked roller coasters, at least when I still lived with them in H/T before they got too occupied with work, and..

That's besides the point. Have you ever had that falling feeling while you were sleeping? It was almost exactly like that, just going forward, and much less unexpected.

My eyes fell closed, and for a minute, everything ceased.

Jacob didn't look at Bella that way this morning. Edward didn't withhold the fact that Bella knew from me. My parents still cared about what happened to me, or maybe my parents just didn't exist at all. I never moved to this town, and I never had to face the fact that Jacob Black imprinted on me in the weirdest wolf way possible. The Cullens were normal people.

And then it stopped. Rosalie stopped running and let me down from her back. I was forced to open my eyes, and the world seemed to be more blue and green then before. I looked to Rosalie, who smiled at me less sarcastically than she usually did.

"Thanks, Rosalie. That was nice." Rosalie laughed a little.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, when Bella got back I thought she was gonna double over and throw up."

"I heard that!" I heard Edward yell from across the clearing, and I know he only did it so that I could hear. I couldn't bring myself to care.

Rosalie and I sort of speed walked to where everyone else was.

Emmett immediately hit Rosalie on the arm in a playful motion, but she then made a pouting face and hit him in the stomach.

"If I could feel pain, that would've hurt, Rosalie!" Emmett says with a smile, and I realized that their relationship was much more primarily sibling than anything.

"Are we ready to play baseball?!" Esme asked, and I found myself smiling, finally, letting it all go.

A/N so, we've been hanging out with Jacob and Edward and Rosalie a whole lot, but who else do you guys wanna see more of in the next chapter?