Jacob

Jacob.

And suddenly, I feel really stupid for telling him off that night at the party. Because, finally, when all is said and done- I do want to be with Jacob.

He cares. Actually, truly cares- and he will come to my defense whenever I need him. Not only that, but if not anything else- he is technically my soulmate.

And, I guess now that I'm a vampire-- I can feel it too. Deep in my chest, deep in my heart, I know who will always be right for me. Who will always be there, even if it's extremely annoying.

Jacob will.

●●●

"Please don't tell us this insufferable story again." Me and Jacob's adopted child, Georgia, begs as she runs a hand across her face.

"Too bad! This is the story of when your mother first kissed me." Jacob says proudly, setting his shoulders back and flashing a very pearly smile.

Me and Georgia both sigh in unison, knowing exactly where this is going.

Emily sits beside us, putting her hands in her lap as she exclaims, "I want to hear!"

"No you don't." Georgia tells her, but we brace ourselves for the story anyway.

"I'm surprised your mother even kissed me before our wedding day. She was so fickle. Oo, I like this man, maybe I'll fool around with him a little.."

"Shut up and get to the story, Jacob." I snap at him.

"Right, right, so she had insisted that we take it slow, she always led in our dances, and it was a night just like this, sitting around the bond-fire where everyone was having fun, just like family.."

"Hey, Y/N?" Jacob asks me quietly as we sit ourselves down on a log.

"Yeah?" I ask, not quite meeting his eyes as I search the crowd and people watch.

"I don't exactly remember what we were talking about it before it happened, though."

"Whatever happened to Edweirdo?" Jacob asks, and I snort at the name.

"Oh, God, I don't know." I say, smiling and kicking my feet in the air.

"Good."

"But then something happened, and she looks over at me.."

I look Jacob in the eye, and we exchange a prolonged eye contact before my eyes finally flicker to his lips.

"And I'm moving in closer and closer, and my whole body feels like it's on fire-"

"Dad!"

"-And I'm thinking, 'this is happening, this is so happening!' And then right when I'm sure she's gonna close the distance, she says,"

"Wait!" I say, stalling for a moment.

"What?" Jacob looks like a kicked puppy.

"She says, 'Can I ask you a question?' And I say,"

"Of course. Anything, always." Jacob says, looking like he's going to explode in his own anxiety.

"Did you-"

"-Did you brush your teeth this morning?"

And just when Jacob had looked offended, I drop in with a,

"Oh, come on, of course I'm kidding."

"And then she grabbed both sides of my face and we kissed." Jacob finished his story, looking extremely proud of himself.

"Oh, come on! Where was I for that?" Emily asks.

"Probably sleeping, hon." Sam says as he drops down next to her.

"Yeah, you were pregnant at the time and you slept a lot." I recall, smiling at her warmly.

"Right." Emily remembers, smiling fondly and raising her head to look at Sam, who is already looking down on her lovingly.

"Georgia, can you go check on Hayden?" I ask, referring to Emily and Sam's child who is turning five in a month.

Georgia nods, she has been babysitting Hayden for a while for practice if she wants to do babysitting as a job during high school.

She leaves, and eventually Sam and Emily go off as well to go meet with others.

Jacob lays his hand on mine, and again we are left in our own presence to just have some quiet time. Now-a-days, we barely ever get peace and quiet. Besides, we're mates, so honestly just being with each other is enough to please both of us, which is fine with me.

But ask my mind wanders, I think back to the day that me and Jacob had adopted Georgia. Okay, maybe not the day, but the first week/month or so.

Georgia was orphaned at the age of two, and put officially into the Foster care system at 5. And four years later, at age 9, me and Jacob fell in love with the young girl and adopted her.

And she hated us. It's funny now, of course, when she's 12 and we can laugh about it because she no longer hates us.

Georgia has long, dark hair, and molten caramel eyes- that if no one knew any better, they would assume the eye color came from my vampire eyes.

But they didn't, obviously. She has to learn the truth soon enough, and me and Jacob are still deciding on how to tell her. Good thing she's into YA and The Vampire Diaries or else we might be in big trouble.

I laugh at the thought, and of course Jacob responds to this by playing with my hair absentmindedly. 

"Hey, Jake?" I say finally, looking over to him.

"Yes?" He responds quietly, still zoned out.

"I'm glad that we're together, okay?"

He smiles at me, and this time it reaches his eyes. "Yeah, me too."

A/N okay guys, this is actually the end :( I'll let you all know if there's a continuation of any kind, but I doubt it. I'll probably make another twilight book in a while though, if I'm not too tired of it. but, at last, thank you all so so much for being there for me throughout this book's course. I love you all :)