Edward

Edward.

Which, really, was just self sabotage. I mean, what, had I not learned my lesson?

Edward had cheated on me, Edward had lied, and yet- Edward was still Edward.

He was still the guy who dragged me into his car the first day I met him. Which, okay, maybe that's not the best memory, but my point is that he always tried to protect me.

And yes, maybe he hurt me in the process but his intentions were still pure.

I glance to him, sitting on the couch not that far away from me, blankly staring into the distance with an absent-minded frown.

And even if it was really odd, I still found myself wanting him to.. not frown.

After all is said and done, I want to be with Edward. Which is crazy.

Crazy until I remember that I haven't taken off the bracelet he gave to me.

I open up my thoughts.

Can we talk? I ask, and he looks at me, smiling and nodding.

●●●

I pin my hair, that has grown out and is no longer dyed. Turns out even when you're a vampire your hair still grows because you still have dead skin cells, however, nothing else grows.

Even though they haven't actually celebrated in a while, I made the Cullens celebrate Christmas.

Which means it's only been a few months since I was turned, and technically I'm still a newborn, which means that doing gentler activites were no longer for me.

I turn to Alice, who is smiling as she fixes my hair and picks out an outfit.

It's Christmas Eve, and everyone is really excited.

We're having a whole get-together with the Pack, and Bolte and Laurent are coming as well.

"People are arriving!" Carlisle says from downstairs as he rushes to go open the door for Seth and Bree.

Alice smiles down at me.

"You're all done, Y/N." She says, and I stand.

"Thank you, Alice." I tell her as Edward appears in the doorway, knocking on the frame.

"I'll give you guys a minute." Alice says, smiling, as she returns downstairs to go greet Seth.

Edward watches her leave before going over to me.

He presses a hand to the small of my back, pulling me forward and kissing my forehead.

"You're gorgeous." He mutters.

"Uno reverse." I return.

"We can fight like this all day." He says.

"We have a whole forever to fight like this." I remind him.

"Yes, but right now, we must return to the Christmas party that you and Alice so carefully planned." He says.

"What would we do without Alice?" I ask as we go down the stairs.