Kidnapped

"Ugh!" I force against my apparent restraints. I woke up- maybe 30 seconds ago, maybe 30 minutes ago- and am now determined to get out and see what the meaning of this is.

"You never stop to breathe, do you?" The same stupid playful voice that I know belongs to James whispers to me.

"Hushsttt ettt eea out!" I scream at him, but I don't think the message comes through. What I was trying to say was, Just let me out!

"What's that, princess?"

"Ontt all eea aat you edo!" (Don't call me that you pedo)

"Listen, do you want to bargain or not?" He asks, and I nod as aggressively as I can.

With that, he rips off my blindfold and the piece of cloth keeping me from screaming.

Of course, I spit on the ground next to him almost just as soon as he takes the rag out of my mouth.

"How ladylike." He mocks me, moving his chair soo he's sitting exactly in front of me.

I'm in a cement room that reminds me of somewhere I'd rather be right now- prison.

"What's your bargain, James?" I return, trying to uphold as much price as I can.

"If I can be the one to turn you into a vampire- I won't hurt your friends."

"First of all, why would you want to do that? Second of all, what do you mean by 'be the one to'?"

James smiles mischievously at me, relaxing in his seat.

"You really have no idea about all of this, do you?" He smiles humorlessly.

"It's destined that you will become one of us. And the way us vampires get our power, our.. street cred, is by turning and raising more powerful vampires. I would be apart of the Volturi right now if she hadn't escaped." He starts getting passionate, frustrated, and he stands, pacing around me.

"Everyone thought she was crazy. That's how I liked it. If she had been born a few years prior she would have been burned for her premonitions.

"But I was the one keeping her safe. I wanted to be the one to turn her.. and then he got to it first. He was right under my nose. I should have known. I'm sure she did.

"And then, just like that, he turned her and ran off with her. What the venom did to her mentally ill brain was awful. Her memory was erased. But at least she wasn't quite so weary of me."

Towards the end of his story, my breath catches.

"Alice." I breathe out, connecting the dots.

"Yes, that was her name." I can hear his smile from behind me, feel the triumph of throwing me off of my thoughts.

"And what makes you think I would be powerful, James?" I ask finally.

"I know." He says, leaving the room from a door behind me, and leaving me with dozens of questions.

I groan, throwing my head back with frustration.

"Get. Me. Out of here!" I scream, hoping someone would hear me.

I sway in my chair, going back in forth until I finally fall to the rough floor with a clang.

I feel the side of my cheek scrape on the concrete, possibly drawing blood.

I struggle again. Tears well in my eyes as I finally relax, trying to identify if I have zip-ties or rope around my wrists.

I did see that thing once about how to get put of zip-ties, and plus I have my teeth as a weapon. But my teeth as a weapon in a place full of vampires, so maybe that's not much help.

I hear the door open again, and click when closed.

"I don't want to talk to you, James." I say defensively. There is no response. I feel myself being lifted gently back upwards, and I hear a sink running a few moments later.

In about a minute of this unknown presence, she finally steps in front of me.

She is a newborn- I can tell- her eyes blood red and her long brunette hair messy and running down to her waist.

She stares at my cheek with a type of precision, and I assume that I must have drawn blood like I suspected. She holds up a white towel that is dowsed with water.

She carefully brings it up to my cheek, gently rubbing of the fresh and dried blood.

"What is your name?" I say after a moment, and she stops, meeting my eyes.

"Bree." She says shortly, quietly, and the continues to clean out my wound.

"Thank you, Bree." I tell her, and this time she doesn't look at me.

"You're.. welcome." She removes the towel, now faintly blood-stained.

She looks at me for a short moment, before pressing the towel to her lips and sucking it dry.

Which, I admit, is really uncomfortable when it's your blood that she's sucking. She opens her eyes, her pupils swimmingly red with new blood.

"Good.. goodbye."

"Goodbye, Bree." And at that, she scatters out of my line of vision and out of the door behind me.

●●●

"Have you made your decision?"

"I need more information." I tell James for the hundredth time. "I'm not making this decision before you tell me exactly what you want to do with me when I'm turned. And I need to know what price will come with hurting my friends. For example, will I return to them?"

"That depends on your cooperation, darling."

"Do not call me darling, please." I say in turn.

He's quiet again.

"And if by friends you include Edward Cullen, I think he can just about fend for himself here." James looks up at this, searching my eyes.

"That was a joke, by the way." I tell him.

"Interesting."

"You clearly don't get out much." I'm getting more bored by the second.

"Oh! My god. James, I have graduation in a few days. So, uh, if you can, can you get this whole thing done with before then so I can graduate?"

"Was that a joke as well?"

"No, I would actually like to graduate."

"Oh."

There is more silence.

"Okay, I'm over this. It's way too awkward. Can you kill me or turn me or let me go now?"

"Actually, I have a better idea." He shoots up from his chair. "I will return." And then he's gone.

A/N I didn't know how to end it