Breaking Dawn

"You barely even know him- what are you doing going around kissing him?" Rosalie says, her hands flying around in exasperated movement.

"Rosalie, it was a spur of the moment thing-"

"I don't care if it was spur of the moment! You don't kiss people you don't know! You kiss people who you feel safe around, you kiss people who can take care of you, and at the bare minimum- you kiss people who's last names you know!" She finishes.

"Biers." I say quietly.

"What?" She asks, looking to me.

"Riley Biers, Charlie's been talking about him for months. He went missing and his family was willing to make a really good donation to the police department if they found him."

"Oh." Rosalie breathed.

"He didn't have any siblings. He apparently was a dream child. Good grades, good conduct, he was a good kid. And out of no where, he just kind of dissapeared." I explain in further detail.

"He's only 19." I finish.

"I still don't like him." She shakes her head.

"But.. I'm sorry for this. I didn't mean to yell I just kind of.. panicked. I don't know."

"It's okay, Rosalie. I probably shouldn't have kissed him anyway."

"Yeah, but that was your choice."

"Well I won't do it again unless he takes me out to dinner first." I smile at her.

She smiles back, relaxing. "Yeah, that's fair. We should go back inside and enjoy the party."

"I would wish for nothing more."

●●●

"Hey, Y/N, tell Alice we like the party." I turn to see Leah, Paul, and Jacob.

"Hey, guys! I didn't know if you'd come." I hug Jacob.

"Yeah, well, we couldn't miss it." Paul shrugs.

"Well, I'm glad." I smile up at them.

Jacob sends a few glances around the room.

"Hey we need to talk. In private." He says, grabbing hold of my arm.

"Okay, sure." I say with a little internal, here we go again.

And so he pulls me into an empty room. I sit on a couch.

"Listen, Y/N, you know I care about you- right?"

"Of course." I nod.

"Well, I swear what I'm about to tell you is for your own good."

"Okay?"

"You can't become one of them." Jacob says carefully, pointing to the door.

"What?" I ask, standing.

"I mean-"

"No, I know what you mean, Jacob. And I think you're insane."

"Is it so bad that I don't want you to throw away your mortality? You're my imprint, Y/N-"

"Don't you dare bring that up right now. It's not your decision. And it wasn't my decision for you to imprint on me, either."