The Call

"Y/N, wake up." Alice's cold hands graced my face as I started to wake.

"The foods here, oh, and Jacob Black called." Alice says, her smile a still bright.

"Jacob called?" I asked, sitting upright and looking at her from across the room.

"Yeah, he wanted to know if you were okay. I told him everything was fine, but we needed to end the call. Then he hung up on me." Alice explains, before turning and skipping gracefully out of the door.

"Come eat your food before I feed it to the birds, Y/N!" Emmett joked from the sort-of living room, and I got up lazily and made my way there.

Emmett was watching Disney Channel, surprisingly, instead of sports or the news.

Alice was waiting above the couch for me, and as I sat she rushed plates of food to me. There was a hamburger, mac and cheese, and a steak.

"Alice, I'm not gonna eat all of this." I said, panicked by all the food.

"Maybe not now, but you're gonna eat most of I because you're starving. Now eat, Emmett going to look over you and I'm going to go watch the news in the bedroom to make sure nothing happens." Alice then, dissapeares into the bedroom and only Emmett and I remained.

"I don't know about you, but I could go for a High School Musical marathon right now."

●●●

My eyes opened barely to hear Alice's phone ringing. I sat up immideatly, realizing I had fallen asleep while watching High School Musical 2 with Emmett. Now, he was on to three, but he paused it to hear Alice.

She checked the phone, but decided to answer it for some reason.

Alice winced when she heard who was on the other end of the phone, and then quickly handed it to me.

I moved the phone towards my ear, and I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in weeks.

"Y/N!" My mother's stern voice called through the phone.

"Mom?" I asked, suprised that she was at all interested in what I was up to.

"Darling, your Uncle Charlie called. Are you alright? Can you get somewhere private please?"

I looked at Emmett and Alice, they pointed to the balcony and reluctantly I went. As soon as I closed the door, I turned around.

"Mom? Why do you care? Don't you have like, a meeting soon?" I asked, because it was 2 and not at all time for her to be off of work or on a break.

"Darling, listen-" She was cut off and the phone seemed to be yanked from her hand, a commotion through the phone.

"I'll take it from here, thanks." A female's cold, but feminine voice seeped through the phone.

"Hello, Y/N." Her voice send shivers down my spine.

"Who are you, where's M/N?"

"Listen, you're gonna need to make a deal with me."

"What deal?"

"I have your mother right in my hands. I wouldn't push it if I were you."

I pursed my lips, I didn't want my mother to be hurt.

"Good. Now, I'm gonna need you too escape whoever you're with. I don't care if it's impossible, I don't care if they're your friends. You get out of their sight, and don't let them know it. And if you can't, I'll be more than happy to kill her." Victoria sneers, and I hear a whimpering on the other side of the phone that I can only identify as my mother.

"Where do you want me to go?" I ask pointedly, anger boiling inside of me.

"Not far. I just need to walk your sad, human self across the street to the  Margaritaville arcade. I'll be there, too. I'll handle you from there." She seems nonchalant about the whole thing, and it shakes me to my core.

"Why are you doing this?" I grit out.

"Because of something you'll never understand, sweetheart. Love for James. Bloodlust. Who cares if you confuse them, if they overlap?" Her humor runs dry at the end.

She hangs up the phone, and it take everything in me not to throw the phone, and possibly myself with it, off of the balcony ledge. I tried not to think about it. The longer I don't have a plan, or intentions, the longer Alice won't know a thing. I have to act in the moment, whenever  I see an opportunity.

I plaster a smile on and walk in, and they don't ask any questions, thank God. I don't want to have to lie to them. I sit next to Emmett like nothing happened, watching the third High School Musical. He's grinning, he obviously enjoys this.

"I'm gonna go downstairs to buy some clothes." Alice says. I look to her immideatly.

Thank God I took those acting classes.

"Can I come, Alice?" I ask, trying to sound desperate.

"I don't know, Y/N-"

"Please, Alice! I'm gonna go insane if I'm stuck in here a minute longer. We can just drive around if you want, or just go to the gift shop! Anything, please!" I start to tear up, and Alice looks pained. She looks to Emmett for guidance, but he isn't paying attention.

She gives in, "Fine." She exhales and I jump up. She takes her new car keys out of her purse, and informs me that we will be going to the gift shop before we take a drive.

We start walking towards the array of shops, and I trip purposely, and hard. I ram into her, and though her body doesn't move, the car keys fall out of her hands. I fall on the ground, grabbing the keys before I get up.

"I'll hold onto them." I tell her, and for a second I think she might catch on, but she doesn't.

We walk around, and she finds a store that intrigues her. I tell her I'll wait outside. She looks at me a little longer for a moment, but goes in anyway. I can see that she's paying less attention as she looks through piles of T-shirts.

I watch her for a few more seconds, and then I make a run for it.