Werewolves

The drive back home was silent. I was afraid to think- I didn't want him judging my thoughts. There is a reason they are private.

I woke up bright and early. I found myself humming while I did my hair- and makeup? Since when did I put makeup on?

I laughed at myself and realized how pretty I looked when I smiled. I should do that more often. I noted. Wait- since when do I care? 

"You should." I heard the smooth voice behind me say. I jumped and turned around with a brush as a weapon.

"Edward! Please do not do that!" I exclaimed, pushing him. But if anything it made my hands hurt.

"Why were you watching me!?" I asked, half flattered and half disturbed.

He shrugged. "I think your thoughts are amusing." He smiled. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Well, give me a heads up next time, Edwardo." I said.

"Edwardo?"

"Yes, Edwardo. It makes the mysterious name 'Edward' sound less creepy." I laughed.

He laughed in return. Then his face turned grim.

"I have to go."

"Wait-"

And like that he was gone. Hmph. Edwardo.

I check on Bella and she was already dressed. I smiled warmly at her, realizing the last time I saw her was yesterday evening.

"What was that about, yesterday?" Bella asked me. I knew Bella- I could get away with a simple response.

"The Cullens wanted me over for dinner." I said, knowing that doesn't cover much of the story. She nodded, still looking slightly confused.

I walked out of the house before Bella. I saw a familiar car parked there. Hey! That was Billy's car!

Suddenly Jacob came out of the shadows. OH GOD OH GOD- AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW? WHAT IF HE SEES RIGHT THROUGH ME?

"Hey Jake!" I waved, giving him a smile. "Sorry about yesterday." I winced remembering the tension.

Jake shook his head and smiled. "I got in a fight with your friend and you are the one apologizing?" We both laughed at that.

"So... what brings you here?" I asked.

"I figured I'd bring you to school today." He said, a smile plastered across his face.

"Ok." I sounded less exited then I intended to be. I ran inside and told Bella I was catching a ride with a friend- purposely leaving out this friend's name.

I jumped in the seat next to Jacob and immediately we started driving- in the opposite direction of the school.

Word Count: 416

Sorry for the short chapter!