The Vampire

"And Y/N.. you're sure you're ready for this?" Carlisle asks, carefully laying me down on his medical desk.

"I'm ready. This is.. kinda what I was made for." I say, laughing.

"Now, listen, there's no excess of adrenaline in your veins from a near-death experience, and your not really half-concious, so this is probably going to hurt a lot." He pauses.

"However, I will do everything I can to make this as painless as possible."

"Thank you so much, Carlisle." I say.

"Always, Y/N." He smiles at me.

"I hope you got a good night's sleep last night, because you're not going to be doing much more of that." Says Emmett, standing in the doorway with the rest of the Cullens, Jacob, and the newly-wed Bella.

"And since you're not getting hungry anymore, I hope you had a feast." Rosalie says, smiling warmly at me.

"Guys, why are you here?" I ask.

"We came to apologise and hopefully get consent to watch you turn." Alice says, shifting her balance.

"Not me though. I don't really want to hear you scream." Bella says, resulting in a small chuckle from me.

"Y/N.. we're so sorry. Your whole 'deflecting-our-powers' thing really gives us an disadvantage in the understanding you department." Rosalie says.

"It's fine, Rosalie." I smile at her.

"And you were right, Y/N." Jacob says.

"I love to hear it."

He laughs. "I was overstepping my boundaries the other night. I support you, all the way."

I nod, turning back to Carlisle.

"Okay, now let's get this over with."

●●●

Carlisle bites Y/N, and, to everyone's suprise, she doesn't scream. She does, however, close her eyes.

Every once in a while she'd twitch, but by that time Carlisle had backed away.

"And now we wait."

●●●

"Carlilse, it's been three days, shouldn't she be awake by now?" Rosalie asks, biting her nails.

"She's blocking me out, I can't hear anything." Says Edward in return.

"I wasn't talking to you." Rosalie snaps.

"I'm not even sure how and why she was asleep in the first place. They usually scream." Carlisle answers Rosalie's initial question.

"Like me?" Rosalie laughed, remembering the traumatic event.

"Yes, well, I'll go check on her now.

●●●

Ouch. Over and over again was my first thought as a vampire.

I knew when I was turned. Number one, the pain stopped, number two, I felt clean.

It might be an odd thing to observe, the fact that I felt so scrubbing clean, like, actually clean for the first time in my life.