The New Member

A/N I don't think this chapter needs a TW but I'm kinda iffy about it because I can see how it can be triggering to people so just let me know if I need one!

There was a cold hand on my cheek waking me up. How long have I been sleeping?

"What do you need, sweetheart?" Heidi, I think. The edges of things are blurry.

"Home, please." My voice sounds far away.

Heidi sighs in front of me. "You are home." She tells me. I don't have enough energy to argue, so I just nod.

"Home sounds nice." I echo, remembering Bella and Charlie. I remember how warm it was. I remember making dinner for Charlie with Bella. That was nice.

Her hand leaves my cheek, and she stands up.

"She needs food, Aro." Her voice is strict and demanding.

I don't know what happened to Edward, but they let him out of my cell once he drank the blood and his eyes turned red with human blood.

"Fine. I'll get a meal for her, and we can all sit and eat together." Aro's voice is far away, too. I close my eyes again.

"Stay awake." Heidi tells me, and my eyes shoot open. I still have the blue dress on. How long has it been?

"I'm awake." I tell her, my voice small.

She presses her lips together and nods.

Heidi sits with me in my cell for I don't know how long, and soon we are called into this big room to eat.

There is a long dining table, of which I see some familiar faces.

Alec, Jane, Felix, blondie, Aro, Edward. Edward.

Heidi sits next to me, across from Edward. My worries about him and Bella seem trivial now.

A plate is set in front of me, loaded with food of all kinds. Most of it isn't familiar, I must be in a different country.

But I take a bite of something I do recognize, mashed potatoes, and a warm sensation grows through me. My hunger feels insatiable.

I shovel the mashed potatoes, and meat, into my mouth, and whatever else is on the plate that I don't bother to look at because I'm starving and there is no time to waste.

I then follow all this food up with drinking loads of water, the goblet seems to never end, and then placing it down.

I then notice that everyone is staring at me.

"I told you she needed food." Heidi says quietly.

Edward clenched his fist. "You haven't been feeding her, Aro?" Aro looks up from his goblet of blood.

"Well, about that-"

"Aro, you haven't been feeding her?" Alec echos Edward.

"It's only been two weeks!" Aro says in defense. Two weeks. At least it hasn't been a year.

"So, Y/N." The blonde guy speaks to me. "When you are turned, what do you wish to do?"

"Caius-" Jane begins, but he holds his hand up in pause. "This is not up for discussion, Jane."

"So, Y/N?" He asks, and everyone looks to me.

"I'd like to go home." I say, without ever making an intent to. I still have the dress on.

"I'd like to go home and explain what happened, and then maybe I'll come back here." I don't think that. Someone made me say that. I don't ever want to return here.