chapter twenty

flora's first instinct was to leave the circle, she tried so hard to understand why kie was being so bitchy to her and sarah, but she couldn't. she was walking somewhat peacefully when a loud swerve dragged her away from her train of thoughts.

"what the hell are you doing walking around alone?" topper said, stopping the car and questioning the girl.

"nothing," flora said, scratching the back of her head, something she did when she was obviously nervous. "i just wanted to walk back to the cameron's instead of asking for a ride she lied"

"get in" rafe muttered, obviously bothered by her presence, and still mad about their conversation where he had rejected her. 

"it's fine, you obviously do not want me inside the car rafe." flora said quietly, not wanting the car ride to be awkward,

"oh shut up dollface, it is not because we argue that i do not want your safety, get in," he said, removing his seatbelt and getting out of the car to open the back door for her.

"thanks." she said quietly. "what were you guys even talking about?" she asked.

"how topper is better off without my bitch of a sister." rafe said with a smirk.

"don't call her that," flora and topper said at the same time.

"i'll call her whatever i want." rafe said, disrespecting all over his voice.

"you are unbelievable." flora muttered. "sarah is so kind, and only wants the best for you, you're the bitch in that household, not her." she said angrily.

"no one asked flora,"rafe said, ignoring the brunette and giving a beer to topper, who chugged the whole thing instantly. 

"chill out flora, okay? drink up if you want." kelce said from beside her, handing her a drink.

flora muttered a "no thank you" and tried to listen to topper's conversation with rafe, since it was obviously about her best friend.

"i gotta see her man, we're not good right now" topper said, mostly to himself.

"shut up, shut up, shut up dude, bad idea muchacho." rafe said quickly.

"i agree with rafe," flora said speaking up. "you going to her will not help your relationship, trust me topper, i love sarah, but maybe she's just not the girl for you." flora tried to explain, thinking about what jj had told her about sarah and john b.

"we finally agree about something" rafe said smirking.

flora turned to the window ignoring him, realizing they finally arrived to the cameron household. 

"make it quick," rafe and kelce said to topper, who left the car to go inside the house.

"i'm following him, he is a complete mess," flora said, walking out the car and helping topper, who was obviously drunk.