chapter nineteen

"it's okay everybody, do not panic!" flora heard jj's voice yell, the security still had a tight grip on his arm

"you can let go of him now," flora said, walking in front of jj and the security guard protectively. 

"flo, it's fine the nice security guard is taking care of it," ward said, trying to maintain a confident smile on his face.

"no, she's right! we can't just boot him!" kie yelled from afar, coming into jj's rescue. "i invited him here, i am a member of this club," she persisted, earning everyone's attention. this earned jj to quickly push security off of him.

"sorry about that," he quickly said, grabbing flora by the hand and walking down to the beach. 

"kie, pope, come on!" flora yelled, waiting for her friends to join. 

"didn't know the three of you were that tight," john b told flora while kie jumped into jj's arms.

"didn't know you were macking my closest friend," flora told john b with a wink, laughing at his surprised face.

"we have a lot of catching up to do," john b said, putting his arms around flora, squeezing her shoulder reassuringly. 

"we really do," flora agreed, glad she was on john b's good side.

––––

"hey guys, so, like my dad's already going to kill me, so what's this mandatory meeting about?" pope questioned.

"yeah, don't get me wrong, it feels great to be included to your treasure hunt activities, but ward is going to murder me," flora, biting the inside of her cheek anxiously. 

"it's time to tell them man," jj said, addressing himself to john b. "flora, do not freak out," jj said, giving the girl a small smile.

"you ready for this?" john b asked pope, kie, and flora, who all nodded their heads excitedly. 

"so, the gold never went down to with royal merchant," john b said, earning a "holy shit" from flora. 

"you guys were looking for that?" she said, astonishment in her voice.

"you know about it?" john b asked.

"of course i do, i wasn't kidding when i said i was a great treasure hunter, i know ward was looking for it as well or something," flora said, scratching the back of her head anxiously.

"so where is it?" kie asked, impatience in her voice.

"it's on the island," john b said simply with a smirk.

"are you serious?" flora asked, impressed that they were able to find the gold.

"i'd like to voice my skepticism," pope said, ending the excitement that once filled the air.