chapter two

"keg parties, oh how i've missed them," flora said, adjusting her dress

"keg parties, oh how i've missed them," flora said, adjusting her dress. sarah gave the girl a warm smile, trying to hide the fact that her oldest brother was coming home any minutes now. sarah was aware of their past, they had loved each other since they were 6 years old, but the year rafe learned flora was moving away, he couldn't handle it. he started being toxic, almost abusive towards her friend.

"you look absolutely gorgeous," sarah said, wrapping her arms around her friend.                          

"i truly missed you sarah, this, us, everything." flora said, turning around to face the blonde girl. 

"everything?" sarah questioned, obviously referring the her oldest brother. 

"how can i not miss him," flora said, with a sad smile plastered on her face.

"knew i could recognize that voice anywhere," a deep voice said through the hallway. flora took a deep breath in, this moment was inevitable, she lived with the camerons now, of course she would end up seeing rafe, and regardless of the situation, she had now decided that she was crushing on the blond surfer from the other side of the tracks.

"i'll give the two of you a moment," sarah said, opening the door and motioning to her brother that he could come in. flora heard the door close, however, she couldn't turn around just yet. she hadn't seen the boy in almost two years. she could feel his body behind hers, his hand was now laying on top of her waist. rafe quickly turned his childhood lover around, unable to contain his excitement.

"you haven't changed one bit, it's good to see you dollface," he said, a genuine smile on his face. flora couldn't pretend to be annoyed, or mad at the boy. deep down, no matter what, even if she would rather die than say it, she still loved the boy. 

"rafe," flora said, almost in a whisper, pulling the boy into a soul-crushing hug. the two stood there for a few minutes, remembering each other's touch, scent, and little mannerisms. 

"you cut your hair," flora said, fluffing rafe's hair around. "it looks horrible," she added.

 "you got a hickey," rafe said, slowly touching flora's neck. "looks slutty," he muttered, quickly pulling his hand away. 

"shut up rafe," flora said, trying to add more concealer to the mark that jj had left her the night before. 

"who even did that, probably some disgusting new yorker dude," rafe said, obviously jealous. flora knew rafe like her back pocket, she could tell he was jealous by the way he was unconsciously picking his right thumb and clenching his jaw angrily.

"no, just someone around here, a pogue i think," flora put a pensive look onto her face, pretending she had no idea who she slept with the night before. 

"my girl slept with a pogue," rafe said angrily, kicking at a chair in anger, making it fall loudly. 

"i'm not your girl anymore," flora said gently, almost as if saying those words were painful. "i haven't been for a long time," she said, looking into his blue eyes. "now, if you excuse me, i have to go to a party," she said quietly, walking out of her new room, not looking back.