chapter thirteen

"i just saw rafe," flora said, trying to hide how sad she was

"i just saw rafe," flora said, trying to hide how sad she was. this was her goodbye to rafe, no more messing around with him, no more falling for him, this was the end.

"what'd he want?" jj asked quietly, he didn't know the girl well enough yet, but he knew her enough to know that she wasn't okay.

"they definitely know,"  flora said, sitting up straight.

"where is he?" jj asked quickly, wanting to make sure he could protect the pogues from him.

"right there," flora said, turning around to point at rafe and topper and kelce.

"great, the whole dead squad," pope muttered, still staring at them.

"don't stare pope," flora muttered, turning to boy's head away from the three.

"will anyone tell me what all of this is about?" kie asked, intrigued. 

"none of your business," flora said with a smirk, repeating what kie had told her when she wanted in on their treasure hunt adventure.

"i see what you're doing daniels, respect," kie said, smirking back at the girl.

"anyways, if they corner me, i'm coming out swinging, okay?" jj said, confidence in his voice. "and if that doesn't work, i got this right here," he said, pointing at his bag.

"i'm sorry, jj," kie said, interrupting the boy. "please tell me you didn't bring a gun here," she semi-yelled. 

"no!" jj yelled, not wanting any trouble with the girl. "i didn't bring the gun,everything's fine, okay?" he insisted.

"oh wow, thank you, that's really convincing, i love that jj," kie said, sarcasm laced in her voice. "founding principle you guys, no secret between pogues," kiara added, looking straight towards flora. "what was flora talking about?" she persisted.

"kie, it might go down tonight," pope simply said.

––––

"jj," pope whispered, distracting flora from the movie. the girl gave pope a harsh glance, if he was interrupting the movie, he wanted something and flora had a gut feeling it was not going to benefit them.

"what?" jj asked, removing his arm from flora's shoulder scared that topper or rafe were behind them. 

"i have to take a piss," pope muttered in urgency. flora turned her head to fully look at the boy, a mix of anger and humor in her face.

"you got to be kidding me," she chuckled, making pope glare at her back.

"hold it," jj said simply, putting his arm back on flora's shoulder, paying his attention back to the movie.

"i can't hold it, i drank too much soda," pope explained.

"you had one can," flora said, knowing that if the boys left the perimeters, something was going to happen to them.

"besides, it's too exposed, they'll totally see us," jj added.

"i have to go," pope persisted. flora turned around, observing the three kooks watching the movie, only problem was, they were blocking the bathroom.

"bad news, they're blocking the bathroom," she hushed. "guess you'll have to hold it."

"come here, i know where," jj said standing up, flora looked at him with a disapproving look, knowing that no good would come out of it.

"good luck you two," she finally said with a worried smile.

"where are you guys going?" kie said, making the boys stop in their tracks. 

"we got to wring it out," jj said, shrugging his shoulders.

"you going to hold it for each other?" kie said, a disgusted look on her face.

"that's kind of hot," flora muttered, giving a wink to jj before he walked away.

"so what's the deal with the two of you?" kie asked, referring to flora and jj.

"oh, nothing, i guess we're just having fun with each other, kind of like distractions," flora said, giving kie a small smile.

"distractions from what? not like you're living a miserable life," kie said, rolling her eyes at flora. 

"love, kie, love, sometimes you need something or someone to distract you from someone you can't be with," flora tried explaining, hoping she wasn't revealing too much of herself to kie.

"i know you're in love with rafe cameron or whatever, but jj? his last girlfriend was in seventh grade," she said with a small laugh.

"if only you knew kie." flora said, laughing at the fact that jj was in love with her. "anyways, not to scare you or whatever, but we should go help out the boys," flora said, getting up and grabbing jj's bag, realizing he had forgotten it.

"what?" kie asked, confusion in her face.

"no time for questions princess," flora said, ready to find the boys.