chapter seven

"agatha sure did some damage," flora said, walking outside of the cameron's garden

"agatha sure did some damage," flora said, walking outside of the cameron's garden. rafe was holding her right hand while topper and kelce were on her other side.

"jeez man, this is nuts," kelce muttered under his breathe.

"agatha's a bitch!" rafe yelled, a small smirk on his lips. topper and kelce gave each other approving looks, and flora realized that it was the first time in a while that rafe was probably happy, or had a somewhat positive attitude.

"she sure is," topper said, "you know, flora, i just can't get it out of my head," topper continued.

flora gave him a confused look, she had no idea what topper was referring to. "what?" the girl asked puzzled.

"jj's words, they're just on repeat, 'your move broski'" he said imitating jj. "i mean, i can't believe a girl like you slept with a guy like him," he said, a laugh escaping his lips.

"if you don't shut the fuck up right now," rafe threatened, he sensed how uncomfortable flora had gotten. he squeezed her hand, hoping to be somewhat comforting. he wanted to prove to her that he was worthy, that he could become more than a hookup to her, that he could become her boyfriend, a label he once had long ago.

"bro, he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head!" kelce exclaimed, ignoring topper's comment about flora and focusing on the fun situation.

"those pogues, they're freaking pogues man," rafe said, shrugging his shoulders.

"what jj did was fucked up, but you're the one who drowned his friend first," flora said, staring directly at topper.

"not the same thing dollface," rafe said, kissing her temple. "you know you should get a piece," he continued.

"what do you mean?" topper asked him.

"you got to defend fire with fire and the defend the homestead," rafe said, shrugging his shoulders.

"i am going to get him back, all right? i'm making a little project of mine," topper said.

"unbelievable," flora said, shaking her head in disagreement. "i'm going to sarah," she said, removing her hand from rafe's.

"sarah, what's wrong?" flora asked, kneeling down to the little girl's level. "hey sweety," she said, waving her hand at the girl. 

"she lost her teddy bear, i was going, but since you're here, i feel like scaring rafe a little," sarah said with a smirk, knowing that rafe was extremely overprotective when it came to me.

"i like the way you think sometimes cameron," flora said, smirking at sarah. "what color is your teddy bear?" flora asked in her best baby voice attempt.

"she has a trunk and blue ears," the little girl answered sweetly.

"okay, i'm going to get her for you," flora said smiling at the girl. "sarah, please film your brother's reaction," flora said, winking at the girl quickly.

"be careful of electricity," the little girl reminded her in an innocent voice.

flora moved to the small broken piece of wood, holding on into the wooden railing, making sure not to trip over anything, she looked over rafe's way, but he was too busy examining whatever he was drinking.

"rafe, what the hell is your girl doing?" flora heard topper ask from a distance.

from the corner of her eye, flora could see rafe remove his glasses, cursing at the girl in words she had never even heard before.

"hey, there's 14,000 volts in those wires," a woman screamed at flora, only making her adrenaline rush.

"wow!" the girl yelled moving her body forward.

"dollface, you better be careful!" rafe said, trying to keep his cool. deep down, he was freaking out, if anything happened to flora, he would forever feel guilty.

"she got to be kidding me," rose's voice said sternly. "flora! get down now!"

"calm down rose, i'm an athlete!" she yelled back.

"she's not an athlete," sarah said after her, trying her best not to erupt of laughter.

"your're going to get electrocuted! get down flora!" she yelled again.

"she just wants attention flora," sarah said smirking slightly.

"shut up sarah, she's going to get hurt," rafe said after, concern laced in his voice.

flora started dancing, twirling around the small log, making sure that she was close enough to the boat to pretend to trip and fall straight on her face.

"doll face, please get down," rafe begged, starting to get angry. "i don't want a little fried doll face!" he yelled at the girl.

"rafe, your girl's crazy man," kelce said, loud enough for flora to hear.

"not his girl yet," flora yelled back, seeing how her words made rafe smirk to an exaggerated extent. that's something that flora loved about rafe, when he wanted something, he would work for it. saying that she wasn't his girl made him want to work harder for her to become his.

"i see her!" flora said to the little girl, who giggled in return.

flora suddenly gasped, not prepared for the hard fall. an uncalled for scream escaped her lips. she knew it would be the perfect opportunity to truly scare rafe.

"flora!" sarah and the little girl cried, making sure flora was okay and not faking it.

"dollface," rafe said sternly, looking down at the girl with a smirk.

"it's disconnected," flora said, laughter erupting from her lips.

"holy shit," topper whispered shaking his head.

"maybe you'll get me next time dollface, i am officially not your bitch, yet" rafe said, helping flora get up.

"yet," flora whispered back, quickly kissing the boy before handing the teddy bear to the little girl.