chapter one

flora opened her eyes slowly, the weight of strong arms were wrapped around her waist, not allowing her to budge from her uncomfortable position

flora opened her eyes slowly, the weight of strong arms were wrapped around her waist, not allowing her to budge from her uncomfortable position. she looked at the blond boy, bringing a hand up to his hair and slowly playing with it. "mmm" the boy slowly moaned. flora smiled in success. she just had her first one night stand, well, not really since she was still in the room, playing with the boy's hair. she never thought her second time would be with a pogue, especially since she lost her virginity to the kook king. flora tried to remove him from her head, he wasn't the same anymore, she had to kill his memory.

"good morning sleepyhead," the brown-haired girl whispered in jj maybank's ear. kissing down his neck slowly. 

"i could get used to this," jj muttered, enjoying his guest's presence. he felt flora flinch under his words, suddenly stopping the kisses that brought him so much pleasure. "too soon?" he asked, his cheeks blushing.

"a bit too soon," flora said grinning. "i can tell you're not a big one-night stand guy," she said, making fun of him.

"and you're not a big one-night stand girl," jj said, moving his body so he could be on top of the girl. the two were quickly interrupted by a loud knock on the door. "fuck sake," jj muttered under his breath. "come in!" jj yelled.

"holy shit," john b routledge, a boy that had lost his father at sea a couple months back said, opening the door quickly. "nice jj, you got a kook in bed!" he said quickly, trying not to offend the girl.

"technically, not a kook anymore," flora replied, reminding the two that she had moved to new york during the school year, and only came to the outerbanks during the summer.

"since when have you been back?" jj asked the girl, handing her a used t-shirt.

"last night," flora said, slipping the t-shirt on, the smell of weed invading her nostrils. "this reeks the smell of weed," she said, glancing at jj. 

"pogue style babe, pogue style," jj said smiling.

"so, you haven't been on kook territory yet?" john b asked, glancing at the girl deeply.

"nope, bad memories, and mostly bad people, the pogue life doesn't seem too bad," she said stretching her legs.

"get ready for an intense ride, uh..." jj said, not finishing his sentence.

"flora, flora daniels," john b finished for him, staring deeply at the girl. 

"the one and only," flora said, glad that john b remembered her the way she remembered the pogues. 

· ·

"nothing is wrong," flora heard mr.cameron say to a woman. she sat down on the cameron's front porch, observing the mess that agatha had done. she was truly a bitch. flora thought about the pogues, and how happy they seemed regardless of what some might call their poor lifestyle.

"look who's back," ward said, pulling flora away from her train of thoughts. "good evening sir," flora said, waving her hand at ward cameron, trying her best to put on a fake smile. "we were expecting you yesterday flora," ward said sternly. flora knew ward, yet, ward didn't know her well. this made lying extremely easy and most of the time, fun. "i know sir, i apologize, the trains were packed in new york so i just sent my bags yesterday, but here i am," flora said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

she looked around the house, looked for him even if deep down, she knew he wouldn't be here. "you seen the princess?" she asked ward, excited to see her friend sarah. "she's outback," ward told her with a small smile, she knew he was saddened she didn't ask but the other cameron.

"ay, ay, captain," flora said, wrapping her arms around sarah, hugging her tightly. the familiar scent of vanilla filled her nostrils, she truly had missed her friend. "no way!" sarah screamed, a huge smile plastered on her lips. "you're here! you're finally here!" she said, twirling flora around.

"what are you even doing?" flora asked sarah who was flapping around a tennis racket. "oh me, nothing," sarah said flapping around. "sarah, your family is staring at us and i'd love to help before your dumbass embarrassed the both of us," flora said with a sigh. even if she loved sarah, she got on her nerves extremely fast.

"the burrows filled with water because of the surge, and the birds are having a field day," she said, turning around to wave at her dad and little wheezie, who wasn't so little anymore.

"it's mouse genocide!" flora yelled, running around with sarah, making sure the birds were gone. "it's so good to have you back!" sarah said, twirling around. "so good to be back," flora said, hoping her comment would eventually come true.

a/n: i am so incredibly excited for this book! ahhh!!! i hope you all will love sarah, and don't worry we will meet rafe soon ;)