chapter ten

flora woke up in sarah's bed, the blonde girl nowhere to be found

flora woke up in sarah's bed, the blonde girl nowhere to be found. she quickly got up, walking back to her bedroom. she wasn't disappointed anymore, she was angry. angry that she cared so much about rafe and his opinion even if he was an asshole. "shit," flora said, bumping straight into someone.

"morning dollface," rafe said, looking down at the girl with a smirk.

"morning," flora mumbled, still tired and hungover from the previous night. she noticed rafe was smiling at her, an unusual occurrence, especially considering they had gotten in a fight the previous night. "why do you look so happy?" she asked the boy.

"well, i got in a fight with this girl, thought she didn't give a fuck about me anymore, but then, she went ahead and did coke to make me angry," rafe said chuckling. "sound familiar?"  he whispered in flora's ear.

"oh shut up rafe," flora said, walking away from the boy, not in the mood for his games.

"no can do," rafe said, pulling the girl by the waist towards him. "you're spending the day with me dollface," he said while twirling a piece of her dark hair.

"okay," flora said with a smile, happy that rafe finally took the initiative to fix things between them.

"okay," rafe said, smiling down at the girl.

––––

"when you told me we were going to spend the day together, i thought you meant alone, not golfing with topper," flora mumbled.

"what's wrong with topper?" rafe asked, pulling the girl into his chest, kissing her cheek quickly before hitting the ball.

"man that party was insane!" topper yelled, interrupting the two. flora rolled her eyes, giving the boy a fake smile.

"i know right," rafe mumbled, talking about how much money he gained during the night.

"hey, you didn't tell sarah did you?" topper asked flora, referring to the line he had done after her.

"no," flora said, shaking her head quickly.

"yeah, you kidding man, the way she runs her mouth? hell no," rafe added quickly.

"she does not run her mouth," flora said, defending her friend.

"you only say that because she's your friend," topper said, hitting the ball.

"and you're her boyfriend!" flora said, throwing her hands up in the air as a defeat symbol.

"whoa," rafe said, turning around and staring at the distance.