Forgive And Forget

(Contains Fluff)

(Sequal to Hurt and Exiled)

It had been weeks since you were confronted by Kara who you thought was dead after feeling her die thanks to Reign

You had nightmares after the confrontation and could barely sleep, not without thoughts running through your mind.

You had moved from Yamantau all the way back to America, but in a different state, trying to start fresh and continue on from there.

You thought it was too late to go back to National City, since everything that went down didn't end well... Especially for you.

You had bought an apartment in Chicago since you needed a place to live, luckily your weaponry was with you, just in case if anyone either tries to break in or cause you any harm in the city.

For a few weeks, everything went well, but the nightmares continued, it wasn't gonna stop anytime soon.

The nightmares were severe, it showed all your friends turning against you, some even showed them getting killed, you even had one where Kara was fighting Reign in different situations but the same outcome, Reign wins and Kara loses and dies.

You once shouted her name waking up from the nightmare, only for you to realise it happened again, it was tiring.

You had a picture of her and you at bedside, two best friends who have been there for each other since meeting for the first time.

You still had PTSD about the war for your planet, you had nightmares about those too, remembering the names of those that fell during the war.

You wondered if there was any survivors taking refuge among the stars.

You thought about it while sitting on the couch with the TV on, watching your favourite TV show.

You had just finished your dinner which was a Chinese, you had put that dishes away by the time you started to watch a new episode.

Just as you sat back down on the couch with the blanket over you, a light knock was then heard on the door.

You sighed and got up to answer the door, you thought it was another parcel being delivered to your for the neighbour but... It wasn't.

It was her... She had found you again... Kara Danvers, the girl you felt die by the hands of Reign.

"Kara?" you said dumbfounded, you weren't expecting to see her again.

"hey can we talk?" she had bags under her eyes.

You thought about it for a moment, despite you being surprised to see her, you weren't in the mood still.

"I'm sorry, I can't right now".

You went to shut the door but something got in the way, blocking the door, Kara had put her foot between the door frame.