Secret

(Sequal to The Girl With The Glasses)

(contains: 🍋)

For the past 3-4 weeks, you've been working at Cat-Co alongside your new girlfriend Kara Danvers and since then, your life has started to change.

When planning dates, Kara had to cancel them one minute before you two would go on the date, mostly the dates were changed to be at her apartment instead, you understood she was busy at times.

It didn't bother you at all, what wasn't clear was her excuses, it seemed odd to you that Kara would act strangely at times, she would often leave Cat-Co and then come back either minutes or hours later.

It mostly happens when danger is reported on the TV or if she needs to excuse herself, she mostly took the door leading outside when leaving which was very strange, apparently no one seemed to notice or care.

She took an elevator once when excusing herself, you did hear her phone ring, "it must've been something important" you thought to yourself at the time.

At the moment, Kara was working in her office and you decided to pop in to speak with her about her odd disappearances.

"hey Y/N/N" she sounded happy you popped in and rose from her seat to kiss you on the cheek.

"hey Kara I wanted to ask you something?" you said to her, getting straight to the point.

"yeah? Go ahead" she sat back down on her seat and spun her seat round to look at you.

"I um... Wanted to know why you've been disappearing lately?" you asked.

"who me? Phfft, I haven't been disappearing, what are you on about?" she asked with a frown on her face.

"no I mean like, why you've been excusing yourself or, why you always come back hours later, it mostly happens when danger is reported on the TV's in the building and when you've answered your phone to Alex or someone else?" you were growing very concerned about the situation, you wanted to know why your girlfriend has been acting odd.

"oh" her smile faded to a puzzled look on her face, she looked down to the floor for a few seconds before speaking "Y/N, I uh... Um... Can I tell you tonight at mine? I don't wanna say it here right now" she looked a bit weary.

"um, y-yeah, sure I'll wait till tonight, I'm just gonna go back in my office to finish off writing a report. Love you" you kiss her on the cheek making her smile.

"Love you too" she says back before you left smiling.

Cut to tonight, Kara mostly left her apartment door unlocked since she knew you would be coming.

She was pacing in the room, thinking of ways to tell you her hidden secret, her cardigan was unbuttoned revealing the all too familiar S glyph Superman and Supergirl proudly wear on their suits except Kara's was genuine, she is Supergirl.

The door opens, she buttons up her cardigan and spins round to face you carrying a pizza box, good thing her glasses were on otherwise, you would've dropped the pizza box due to shock.

"Hey Kara sorry I'm late, I went ahead and bought pizza at that Joe's Italian Shop, figured we'd have a surprise date"

Kara smiles "you're too generous" she giggles.

You walk over to Kara and place down the pizza box on the living room table and open it, revealing her favourite toppings on pizza.

"my favourite toppings as well?" she asked with a smile appearing on her face.