The Girl With The Glasses

You've always wanted to figure out who the good looking girl with the glasses was.

Everytime you were at the Dive Bar, she and her friends would show up.

You were pretty shy to approach her since you had butterflies in your stomach everytime she showed up, you just wanted to ask her out but you kept pushing yourself away because you thought you would screw up and scare her away.

You kept your distance and had an eye on her, little did you know she would look at you when you weren't looking.

It was awkward when she caught you looking at her, you would quickly look away and blush hard, her friends even noticed you looking at her and waved at you in which you waved back shyly.

You didn't know how to talk to girls (you liked) properly, you've never had good luck with them.

"I see you looking at her again Y/N" the bartender rested her elbow on the table after passing your drink.

"what? No no, I wasn't looking at her... I was... Looking at the thing behind her" you blushed trying to play it off.

"mhmm, don't lie, you're definitely giving her heart eyes when she ain't looking, I've caught you staring at her a lot within the past few weeks" she teased.

"I just *sigh* I want to know her, do you know her name?"

"yes I do, it's Kara Danvers, she comes here often with her friends and sister, judging from the fact you been looking at her, you're obviously interested in her" she continued.

"y-yes, fine I admit it... She just looks... Beautiful and I'm just too shy to even go up to her and talk normally, I don't feel confident" you watch as she laughs with her group of friends and sister, her smile is what made your heart ache, it made butterflies in your stomach just by looking at her, blushing as you thought about it.

"I'll tell you one thing, Kara has looked at you when you weren't looking, she knows you stare at her when she ain't looking, I understand that your not good at talking to girls you like, my fiancé was like that when we first met" she said letting you know it's a good thing to be shy.

"if you want, I can get her to come over here and talk with you if that sounds better?" she asked.

"y-y-yeah... That sounds a bit better for me actually" you blushed lightly.

The bartender exits the counter and walks towards where Kara was with her friends and sister while you looked on and had thoughts running in your mind.

"what do I say? What do I say?" you thought to yourself "what do I ask her? How do I ask her?".

You stopped thinking as soon as you saw Kara behind the bartender approach you.

"hi" Kara greeted you while you looked at her shyly.

"h-hi" you chucked nervously, waving awkwardly at her.

"Y/N here wanted to know about you, he's bad at talking to girls he likes and didn't feel confident to approach you" the bartender said to Kara.

"oh really?" she asked softly, raising her glasses back up to her eyes.

"y-yes, I didn't want to scare you away" you felt very embarrassed to admit it, you tuck her hands behind your back and looked down to the floor.

"aww its ok, you don't need to feel embarrassed about it Y/N but I've never seen a boy be this shy before, and it's ok... I think it's cute" Kara comforts you and smiles, you blush and smile weakly, looking up at her to see her smile, butterflies were in your stomach still.