68.

Adnaan's heart was pondering fast, after witnessing Sara's ill health and her rude behaviour towards him. He wasn't finding peace anywhere. Fayra was laying beside him, he was dabbing her back gently but both father and daughter were not sleeping.

"Papa"

"Ji beta?" He turned his head with a small smile. Papa was a small word but for him, it was his world.

"Aap thoo (soo) kyu nahi lahe?" Fayra spoke softly and innocently while pushing back her curly hair which was the only part of her appearance that resembles her mother Sara.

(Why aren't THLEEPING? (SLEEPING))

"Aap so jaiye, mujhe neend nahi aa rahi" Adnaan replied with the same softness in his voice, but the little girl was way too intelligent to understand her father's condition.

(I'm not sleepy, you sleep now)

"Main thula du aap ko?" sitting on the bed with a jold she asked innocently and Adnaan smiled; forgetting everything he was only adoring Fayra and her innocent cuteness.

(May I make you asleep)

"Kese thulaogi aap mujhe?" Copying Fayra's lisping way Adnaan asked suppressing his smile on which his daughter crawl near him before placing her one tiny palm on her father's chest and the other on his forehead.

(How will you make me asleep?)

"Eyes close" she ordered and Adnaan followed the order. The little girl started patting at her father's chest as well as forehead, and her soft cushion-like palms gave peace to Adnaan.

"Fayra" He open his eyes to see his little life, who was sitting on her knees. "Aap ke haatho me to jaadu hai, bilkul apni mummy ki tarah" He convey the fact after remembering that Sara sometimes use to massage his head and only by two or three strokes of her hands were enough to make him feel like heaven, the same he was feeling when Fayra's small hands were running on his forehead.

(You've magic in your hands, just like your mother)

Fayra display her cute grin before kissing Adnaan's cheek and in return, he kissed her both cheeks.

"Your hands must be tired na... Leave it" Adnaan spoke in a soft voice but the stubborn girl shook her head.

"Eyes close" She ordered and he again obeyed with a smile but soon his eyes started flashing something from the past.

"Jangli Billi I'm tired" he throw himself on the bed, just beside Sara and she ignored him as her eyes were fixed on her novel. After getting no response he shift his head in her lap on which she looked at him suddenly.

"What is this?" She huffed as her flow of reading was disturbed by Adnaan.

"I'm tired yaar... Just want some peace" He shut his eyes and she smile, holding the book in her left hand she placed her right hand on his head and started running her fingers on his scalp. She was busy with reading a book but Adnaan was feeling peace and soon he entered the land of slumber.

"Papa" Fayra utter in soft whisper just to make sure her father was sleeping peacefully, and even after making sure she was still patting and stroking his forehead in the same way.

On the other side, Sara wasn't able to sleep without Fayra so she came to Adnaan's room and the scene made her amazed. Fayra was still kneeling down beside Adnaan and kissing his cheek. Sara silently went to bed before lifting Fayra in her arms and taking her to her bedroom.

"Fayra papa ke room me Kya kar rahi thi beta?" Sara asked when she was trying to sleep after taking her daughter in an embrace.

(Fayra what were you doing in Papa's room?)