chapter 23

*tom's pov*

"Harry did you bring the info i asked for" last night after the party i asked harry to collect all the information about y/n and the boy she left the party with.

"Yeah! But i don't think you gonna like it that much" harry replied giving me the file about y/n.

"His name is austin, y/n's fiancee." Harry said and my hand stopped in their way.

"I don't think its true." I replied and tried to keep my calm face but it hurt me when i listen the word 'fiancee'.

"Well y/n is a teacher in a primary school and austin is a police officer but he is not at a high post right now...so everything is pretty normal i guess" harry completed while looking at his phone.

"Um..what about emma?" I asked as i put down the file to grab harry's full attention.

"Her file is same as y/n. Normal" harry replied without making an eye contact with me but i know how he feel for emma.

"Each and everything in this file is not true" i said and harry quickly look at me with frown brows.

"And how can you say that!" Harry said with a strange challenging smirk on his face.

"Um..because a teacher and low level police officer would never go to a mafia party" i said with a smirk on my face.

"Plus how did they manage to get those invitation no one knows about" i completed before standing up and grabbing my jacket.

"And where are you going at this moment" harry asked as he followed me leaving the room.

"Well we are going to find the truth" i said and wink with a smile on my face.

"I really don't think its a nice idea" harry replied but also followed me and took a seat into my car.

*Y/n's pov*

After talking to emma we both took a shower and get ready for work. Rest of the day was normal. austin and i submitted the hard drive to the headquarters. Emma and i had lunch together as usual.

i reached at home around 10 pm. Emma again went to club with some new boy so i guess its gonna be me and Netflix like most of the time.

i was looking for my house keys but as i grab the knob i realized the door is already open. i stopped at that moment and remove my phone from my back pocket. and open the app which is connected to our entrance camera. 

As i looked at the footage it was tom and harry who entered the house and the fact they are still inside. they both actually are waiting for me.

A deep and heavy sigh left my mouth before i make my way inside.

I open the door and found them in the living area which was right in front of our entrance. i had an eye contact with both of them and without any word i walked into the kitchen.

i put my handbag on kitchen counter and pour myself a glass of water. That's when harry enter the kitchen.

"you still live with Emma!" harry said in the same sweet tone he used to talk with me 5 years ago. But i didn't replied to him; i didn't felt like i should talk to him.

"i think you should call emma too!" harry said as he notice emma didn't came with me. again i didn't replied i just pick my phone and called Emma.

"hello! emma" i said on the phone call and emma replied with a 'hey' too. i could hear the boosting music in the background which means she already reached the club.

"yeah y/n what's wrong?" emma said as she walked outside and the music starts fading in the background.

"i think you have to cancel your tonight's date" i said and for sure emma gonna guess that something is wrong because i never call her like that. i look at harry after those words and it hurt him.

after i cut the call harry left the kitchen and i walked to my bedroom to change into my pajamas. i walked downstairs and took a seat in the living room right  in front of tom.

i start scrolling my Instagram as i was waiting for emma that when tom actually talked to me for the first time from the moment i entered my house.

"So....how's everything?" he said with so much hesitation thinking about what to say. but i was hoping he could do better than that.

A small sarcastic laugh left my mouth before saying anything. "everything was so good until i met you again" i said looking at me phone screen.

"well than sorry to disappoint you but you are moving to my mansion with emma" he said which made me look at him. he had that sexy smirk on his face like always and before i can say anything emma entered the house.

she laugh as soon as she saw tom and harry and took a seat beside me. 

"so what you both want now?" emma said with a bold tone and believe me i could never do that.

"you both have to come with us" harry said and grab emma's whole attention to himself.

"and why should we? i guess you should explain that" emma said with a rude tone and i could feel that she's gonna bust at any moment. 

"its for your safety" tom said which felt like he is ordering us. and his words made emma scoff.

"we both are already safe enough....so its a big No" emma said mocking harry and tom.

"you really think you are safe...it took us only 3 hours to get all your info" tom said looking at me and i know what he is trying to do by giving me that concern look on his face.

"that's because we never changed our phone numbers" i said keeping my eye contact with him and before he can say anything my phone start ringing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i really love the personality of Emma in this chapter❤. 

i hope you like this chapter and don't forget to tell me your fav. character in this book.