CHAPTER 10: CRUSH (part 2)

Year: 2004
Y/N's POV

"Y/N, I've made Chifuyu my vice captain!"

"Oh. I just hope he won't recognize me." I replied while I'm busy reading and analyzing the papers I have in my hands. These contain some things Mikey is making me investigate about.

"What's with the dull reaction? Aren't you surprised?" He flicked my forehead to snap me out from what I was doing.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Why are you even avoiding him?" I looked at Baji and he raised an eyebrow at me while waiting for an answer.

"Baji-san, I think I like Chifuyu." Baji choked on his yakisoba so I gave him a glass of water to drink.

"You like him, yet you keep on avoiding him? That doesn't make any sense!"

"Anyway, I think you two will become a power couple." I felt my face and ears burning in surprise to what he said.

"W-what do you mean power couple?! As if he feels the same with me!" Baji laughed out loud before answering.

"I dunno. I just know it. Why won't you just go talk to him instead of avoiding him? Poor guy. He doesn't even know your name."

"Huh? Can't you just tell him for me instead?"

"Don't wanna." He crossed his arms.

"Eh?!"

"I want the both of you to talk with each other and in order for that to happen, he needs to start by asking for your name."

"If I get close to him, there's a huge chance that he will recognize me in Toman just by looking at my eyes."

"You're just scared that he might sacrifice himself to protect you during our fights with other gangs once he finds out about your secret."

"O-oi! It's not that—"

"Y/N, you worry too much. Chifuyu is strong and smart; I'm sure he won't do anything that will make you sad."

"I know you're always busy with whatever shenanigans Mikey makes you do and for sure there will come a time that you cannot hang out with us as usual. However don't worry, I'll make sure Chifuyu won't misinterpret you." He added. Man, why is he even doing this? I'm so lost with my thoughts and feelings, but my responsibilities come first.

Year: early 2005

Several months had passed and I'm still way too busy to hang out and have fun with them, but when I do, my mind is always occupied with the tasks that Mikey gave me for the gang. There also came a time wherein I forget the smallest and simplest details such as names. I'm bad at remembering names and sometimes cannot recognize people who I don't talk to that much.

"Baji-san, I'm sorry, but I cannot hang out with you two for long. Mikey is going to make me babysit another member from Toman. He is planning to transfer the guy to the 5th division and I have to make sure Mucho won't beat him up."

"Y/N, do you still like Chifuyu?"

"Huh? Of course I do, but with the number of tasks given to me, I cannot deal with my feelings right now. If he happens to find another girl then it's fine. I mean who am I to stop him?" I said while looking away. I'm holding my arm and tighten it because it hurts for me to say those words.

"Y/N, I shouldn't be the one to say this, but he is really worried about you." He turned around and walked a few steps away then stops.

"Also, don't worry about him liking another girl. He only has eyes for you." He added before walking away for real this time.

I don't get it.

————————————————————————

Year: 2004
Chifuyu's POV

Baji-san made me the first division vice captain of Tokyo Manji Gang. I cannot believe it at first because it's too good to be true! He introduced to me the leaders of the gang and there's this one member that caught my attention, Y/N-kun. He looks very mysterious and cool, but Baji-san is cooler of course!

"Baji-san, what does the No. 3 of Toman do?" Baji looked at me and a smirk grew on his lips.

"He is the leader of the intelligence unit—investigation and juicing out information, and not just that. Whenever we're out to fight with another gang, he watches our backs!"

"Watches your backs?"

"He makes sure no one gets into any further danger like getting stabbed or killed. That's how cool he is!" He let out a huge smile and he looks really proud of Y/N-kun.

"That's so cool of him!" I said in amazement. I cannot wait to see him in action because of what Baji said.

"I know right! He is actually as strong as Mikey, but his moves are way swifter! So swift, he can be an assassin someday if he wishes to."

-end of chapter 10-

Sorry it took long. I wasn't happy with the first one I wrote so I had to rewrite everything in this chapter.

Anyway, WHO'S READY TO SEE THE HAITANI BROTHERS GET ANIMATED????