CHAPTER 16: TRAITOR

Year: 2017

"Good evening, Sir Kisaki." I bowed as Kisaki, Takemichi and Chifuyu enter the room.

I'm still the no. 3 of Toman and my identity is still hidden from the others up to now. Wearing a mask as usual, and an expensive classy suit. I let my hair grow out like Baji's and tied it up in a ponytail.

They went over a three seater table, but Chifuyu remained standing despite being offered to have a sit with them. I then followed along as I placed three glasses and a bottle of liquor for them on the table. Kisaki started talking about some bullshit he did from 12 years ago, particularly the Bloody Halloween. He confessed that he planned it all along and apologized. The two's eyes widened with the sudden confession, especially Chifuyu.

"I mean it. Chifuyu. I'm sorry." Kisaki bowed his head as he asks for forgiveness from them, from Chifuyu.

Tch.

I side eyed Chifuyu and lightly shook my head to signal him to don't trust Kisaki's word, but Chifuyu's too taken aback by what the bastard said. I wanted to signal Takemichi as well, but I have lost my trust and can no longer rely on him. A few more little chit chats and Kisaki offered a toast for the three of them. They drank the liquor from their glass and I just looked away, feeling guilty for what I did.

I'm sorry, Chifuyu... Takemichi...

I have my own plans to take down Kisaki.

I have to pretend to be on his side.

I had to put it in your drinks...

After they finished their drinks, Kisaki took back the words he said that he regretted what he did and confessed his true intentions. The two were too shock to process everything and then they slowly lose their consciousness and fell on the floor.

"[alias], tie them up."

"Yes, sir." Kisaki left the room for a while

I'm really truly sorry.

I put Takemichi first on a chair and tied him up, then I did the same with Chifuyu. As I am tying him up, I can't help but look at his face. I kneeled in front of him and cupped his cheeks then I placed my forehead to his and whispered,

"I'm so sorry, my love." I tried not to let my eyes tear up to avoid any suspicions and kissed his forehead while still wearing my mask.

After doing my job, I stood in the corner and waited for Kisaki to come back. It's painful for me to look at them. I didn't want to do this in the first place, but I have no choice. I cannot trust Takemichi anymore and Chifuyu's plans won't align with mine. He's being too impulsive and impatient. Few moments later, the door swung open and Kisaki and his men entered the room as Chifuyu woke up first at the same time.

"KISAKI YOU BASTARD!!" Chifuyu tries to stand up, only to realize that he's tied on his chair.

"What the— who—?!" He looked at the ropes that's hugging his body with the chair and struggles to loosen it.

"You really do your job nicely, [alias]." Kisaki placed his shoulder onto mine then went towards Chifuyu to beat him up.

"[alias]?! What's the meaning of this?!" Chifuyu's voice sounded betrayed and hurt from what I did. I cannot look at him so I just looked away. I cannot see him like that and getting beaten up.

I'm sorry.

I have my own plans.

I'll save you.

Moments later, Takemichi finally woke up. He looks surprised on what's going on and even more surprised when he saw his partner all beaten up. Takemichi's eyes grew even wider when he saw me behind Kisaki.