The Text

555-345-987
Church Hill, 11pm
Come alone.

I stared down at my phone, what the fuck?

555-229-654
Uhh, wrong number? Lol

Slipping my phone back into my pocket, I head down the hallway of my school, my history class forever waiting my arrival.

"Miss Holland, thank you for joining us." My teacher says, looking at me through her glasses. "I had nothing better to do." I shrug, sitting down at a random desk.

Miss Brickley sighs, "See me after class please."

As the day drags on, I watch the clock slowly tick. Every minute felt like an hour. It wasn't until the bell rang I realised I was free.

"Sofia." Miss Brickley called, staring me down.

I grunt, slinging my bag over my shoulder before making my way to her desk. Once the classroom was cleared out, Miss Brickley sighed, "Do you ever get sick of being a smartass, Sofia?" She snapped.

I was taken back by her sudden outburst, "Woah, calm down there miss, I don't think it's legal to swear at students." I winked, noticing the tip of her ears turn red. "Sofia, I don't know what to do here anymore. You're are driving me bat-shit crazy."

I snorted, "Maybe it's not illegal but it's definitely frowned upon."

"I swear to God Sofia-"

Just as she spoke, my phone buzzed.

555-345-987
Come alone.

My body twitched, shit, is this actually meant for me?

What kind of cryptic shit is this?

"Do you have no respect for adults? Are you seriously looking at your phone?" Miss Brickley snapped. I looked up at her, careful not to show that I was somewhat freaked out by the weird text I just got.

"Yeah- uh s-sorry. I'll do better, gotta go." I said quickly, side-stepping out of the classroom before practically running down the hallway.

I huddled in a corner by the lockers as I inspected the texts even further.

So, it wasn't a wrong number and they want me to meet them at Church Hill at 11pm tonight by myself? Hell to the fucking no!

555-229-654
I don't know who this is but you're insane. Stop texting me or I'll call the police.

I saw the speech bubble pop up and my heart started racing.

555-345-987
No police.
We wouldn't want a certain someone to find out about what really happened at Camp Lakeway...

My blood ran cold.

Now I'm being threatened? How the hell do these psychopaths know about that?

Just then, my phone buzzed as another text came through.

555-345-987
11pm.

I wish I payed more attention in my coding class.

+ + +

Hi all.

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter. It's not much but this is only the beginning.

I am so excited for this book, the ideas are just flowing out of me. If you mix Pretty Little Liars, Euphoria and Gossip Girl - BOOM. You have 'Unknown'.

Warning ⚠️ This book will contain violence, blood, harsh language, sex, mild self-harm, talk of depression, anxiety and drug/alcohol use.

Thank you so much reading <3

- Your Author.