The Appointment

I flopped onto my bed, "And we shared earbuds on the plane. He let me sleep on his shoulder and gave me the rest of this water because I said I was thirsty." I sighed, giggling to Evelyn over the phone. 

After we got back, everyone decided they were too tired to come over and I agreed, so we went our separate ways and said we'd meet at school.

"Oh my God you guys are so cute!" She squealed. 

"Sofia, lets go!" My Dad called to me, "Coming!" I called.

"Hey I gotta go, but I'll see you in history okay?" I said, shoving a pop-tart into my mouth.

"All good, see you." She said. I hung up the phone and raced down the stairs, closing the door behind me as I climbed into my Dad's car.

"Should I pick you up for your appointment or will you be okay to walk?" Dad asked me. "Dad, I don't even need to go. I'm fine." I laughed it off. I'm not lying per se, because I really feel fine. I just know that if I go, I won't talk and it'll be boring and a waste of money.

"You're going." He said.

"Fine, I'll walk." 

I've been seeing Doctor Tresel ever since my Mom died but I stopped going because it got too painful to talk about her. 

"Okay I love you. Have a good day." Dad called, I waved goodbye and hopped out. 

I sighed, watching my Dad drive off as I climbed the steps to my school.

+ + + 

I was falling asleep in my class. It was the last class of the day, how could they expect us not to fall asleep. 

My phone jolted me awake. Every time my phone goes off my heart beats a little faster. 

Thankfully, it was just Evelyn;

Evelyn:
Wanna hang out after school??

Me: 
Can't, got a stupid therapist appt.

I switched off my phone just as the bell had rang and quickly packed up my stuff, bouncing out the door. 

Fresh air never smelt so nice!

"Hey-" I screamed, feeling a hand on my shoulder. I turned around the see a startled James with a hand over his heart, "I was just saying hey." He snorted.

"You scared the shit out of me dude." I huffed, "What are you up to now?" He asked me. I sighed, "I promised my Dad I'd go to my therapists appointment at 3. Why?"

James shrugged, "I'll drive you." He offers, jingling his keys.

I feel myself blush, "Are you sure?" I ask.

He nods, "Sure hop in." 

I follow behind James to his car and he opens the passenger door for me, "Thank you." I smile, hoisting myself inside as I put my bag beside me.

He gets in and immediately there's tension, "Is this are what happened in San Diego?" James asked, making small talk. I nod, my fingers started throbbing randomly so I cradled them in my other arm, "He's worried I'm going to spiral or something." I roll my eyes.

James just looks at me, amused.

"I'm not going too!" I giggle, hitting his side, "I'm just making sure. So, are these appointments every Thursday?" 

I nod, "Yep. Until further notice." I sigh, seeing the 'Bekker and Co. Counselling' sign up ahead. 

"Thanks for the ride, I appreciate it." Noticing his car clock says 2:55.