The Reveal

I put my hands up, fearing for my life as a silver barrel of a gun was pointed right at my head. 

James tried to pull me back, but they aimed the gun at him.

"All of you are ungrateful, selfish brats! And murderers. That's what you are." 

I almost felt, sorry for them?

"Look, I'm sorry you lost your daughter, but killing innocent people isn't going to bring her back." I said. 

The gun was to me again, although I noticed the hand was shaking.

"No it's not. Which is why you're all going to say hi to her when you see her next. Or maybe not, because you son's of bitches are going to hell." 

"What do you expect from us? We're teenagers who had done shitty things in the past, but we made up for them. You killed a bunch of people." Mason blurted.

"I didn't kill a bunch of people. I killed a lot of people. Which is why it's so hard for me to decide if I should kill you, or pin you all for the murders. A murder each? How fun." 

I looked to the side, the top of Detective Warren's head poking through the window.

My hands were still surrendered in the air, as were James, Evelyn's and Mason's.

"Please let us go." I begged.

"NO!" The voice screamed, firing a warning shot into the roof.

I squealed, pieces of the roof collapsing onto the ground.

"You will admit what you did and then you will suffer. Suffer like my daughter. I will not let you get away with this." 

My heart shattered into a million pieces and my breathing stopped completely.

It felt like time had stopped and nothing else mattered except this moment. 

I couldn't register anything. I don't even remember blinking.

But the only thing I remember before a piercing ring shot through the air was Mrs Brickerely underneath the mask aiming the gun right at me.

+ + + 

Were you expecting that?