The Snow-In

We walked back to my place after our little 'date' at the diner. 

When we got back, I could barely feel my toes and the tip of my nose was red.

"Do you want me to wait with you until your step mom gets back?" James asked me. I nodded, slipping my jacket off and onto the coat rack by the front door.

I opened the fridge, "Still hungry huh?" He asked. I shook my head, "Need to get out chicken for dinner." I answered, "Ah. Are you cooking?" 

I shrugged, "Maybe. Rebecca and I take turns when Dad isn't here." 

My phone went off in my jeans pocket and I ignored it, I don't want anything distracting me while James's is here. 

I looked over at him gazing at the pictures on the wall by the stairs, his eyes floating up and down, glancing at each one.

"Is this baby Sofia?" James asked, a hint of amusement in his voice, I scoffed, "Ew, yes. Don't look at those." I said quickly, running over to cover them with my body.

"Why! You're adorable." He laughs, taking me by the waist to try and shove me aside. 

I fumbled over my own two feet, nearly killing myself in the process as I go flying backward.

James laughs and he catches my arm, lurching me forward as I go crashing into him, "Shit, you okay?" He swore. I nod, blowing my hair away from my face.

His hand was still gripping my arm as he loosely let go, trailing it down to my waist again. His hands locked behind me and I sucked in a breath, looking up at him. He kissed my forehead before one of his hands went to the strand of hair blocking my eyes.

He pushed it behind my ear and traced his thumb down my cheek.

Is it weird that my heart is beating fast? Why is it doing that? 

"You're really beautiful, Sofia." He said to me quietly, I blushed, "Thanks. I get it from my Mom." 

I suddenly got sad thinking about my Mom, but I'm not gonna let it ruin this moment, "Your Mom was beautiful too." A small smile took over my lips as I stood up on my tippy-toes, letting my lips touch his before he leaned in.

I sighed out my breath of relief, my shoulders relaxing as James hands explored my back.

He sucked on my bottom lip, causing me to gasp as my hands went to his hair. 

I pulled away, my lungs running out of air, "Do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked him. He nodded silently, following behind me as I took a seat on the couch.

A comfortable silence lay between us as some random movie played on the TV. To be honest I wasn't even paying attention. I couldn't stop thinking about his lips on mine.

His hand on my thigh startled me because I flinched slightly, ignoring the warmth his fingers felt as they tightly grasped my skin. 

I cleared my throat, leaning my head on his shoulder.

He let out a low chuckle before releasing his grip on me, keeping his hand in one spot. 

I don't know what came over me but I wanted more. I wanted to feel him again. His lips on mine, his hands on my back. I lifted my head, causing him to turn his. And before he had time to talk I pressed my lips to his.

And once again we were kissing.

This... euphoric feeling overtaking my body. Sparks were leaving and tingles were entering. Everywhere.

His hand went to my face, holding my chin before it slowly crept to my throat. I arched my back, leaning into him more. I was about to make a bold move before the door swung open. 

I pulled away from him immediately, noticing two stunned faces staring directly at us.

"W-what're you guys doing here?" I asked, feeling my face blush a deep, hot red.

"I... texted you." Evelyn said with a stunned voice. Her wide eyes were capsuled onto me as she mouthed something I couldn't read, "What's up?" James said sheepishly.

"We wanted to hang out but- we can leave if-"

"No! No, it's cool. We were also just, hanging out. Evelyn." I said, trying to change the subject, "Hmm?" She responded, "Come to my room." 

"Yep!"

Silence.

From me, Evelyn, Mason and James. Nothing was heard, no words exchanged. Nothing.

As soon as I shut my bedroom door Evelyn jumped up and down and squealed, "What the hell was that? What was that? Oh my God!" She whisper-yelled, hitting me in the shoulder while I stayed completely still.

"Are you guys dating now? Was that your first kiss? What else happened?" Her words were too fast for my small brain and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Slow down." I laughed, "Nothing else happened. We kissed a few times and went to waffle house, no big deal." I shrugged, flopping backward onto my bed.

"No big deal? Are you insane? Dude, this is huge!"

It didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I was about to open my mouth to speak when my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

I picked it up finally, noticing three missed texts from Evelyn, a notification on instagram and a missed call from Rebecca. 

"Hold on a sec." I said, texting Rebecca. She immediately responded and my face morphed into a relaxed-smile. "Okay so- do you wanna do something crazy?" I asked. Evelyn tilted her head, "Like what?" 

"Rebecca's been snowed in at her work. Do you and Mason wanna stay the night? We have a spare room." She clapped her hands, "Um, of course." 

+ + + 

We turned off all the lights in the house and flicked on a scary movie. Lets just say the movie was working. I was huddled under a blanket with wide eyes, anticipating the next move of the killer.

Every time there was a jump scare I screamed and Mason laughed at me. The heater was on and we were all smooshed onto one couch. I was overheating but far too scared to remove the blanket from my face.

I felt a hand crawl on my knee and screamed, standing up and flipping the lights on, "What just touched me." I laugh-cried. James snorted, "It was me, calm down." 

I was about to sit back down when the lights flickered a few times before turning off, "Power outage? It is snowing?" 

But somehow this felt like more than a power outage.

+ + + 

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this chapter is boring. It's more of a filler and wee look into Sofia and James's relationship (swoon).

I hope you're ready for what's coming next... coz I'm not!

Love you all so much, thanks for reading Xx