The Body

I stumbled over my own two feet, "Woah, where are you going?" Lindsay laughed, holding onto my elbow, "To get another drink." I slurred.

Her face was all blurry and she sounded really weird. "Okay." She shrugged, letting me go.

I decided against another drink, seeing as I only had one drink and am already drunk... I should probably stop.

I pulled out my phone, seeing dozens of messages but not being able to read them. I stopped walking, trying my best to focus my eyes.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I slurred, burping. 

"I see you." Someone said, "Who? Where are you?" I looked around, my gaze catching up with me as I stumbled around, "In the trees, you look like you're having fun." The person chuckled. The voice was distorted... sounded fake.

"I fel sniipo." 

"What?"

"I fels sick." Mumble jumble poured out of my mouth as my head started to spin, "Come toward the trees, I'll help you." The voice said, "Coming!"

I skipped toward the trees, being barrelled over by another human, "Ouch." I said. "What the hell are you doing?" A new voice said, "What?"

I focused my eyes enough to see that James was holding me up by my arms, "Where's my phone?" I hiccuped, "Sofia, are you drunk?" 

I nodded, "How much have you had?" James says loudly, my head thumping, "Puke." I held up 1 finger, "What?"

Just as I went to repeat myself, I lurched forward and emptied the contents of my stomach onto the sand beside James's feet, "Oh Sofia." James laughed, "I take it you've never had alcohol before?" 

I shook my head, wiping the corners of my mouth. "I feel much better though." I grinned, giving him a toothy wink, "Good. Now no more drinking, come on."

"Wait, my phone." I said, reaching for it. James's snatched it from me and spat through the speaker, "Stop calling you fucking psycho!" And hung up.

"What's going on?" 

"Sofia? Oh thank fuck. We thought he got you." Evelyn said hurriedly, rushing over. "What? Wait, who got me?"

"The guy who called you was the creep who's been texting us." James explained, "What? How do you know?" I said, shocked. "Because, he called us. And when we couldn't find you, we thought the worse." 

I rubbed my temples, "I didn't even realise, I'm sorry." I apologised, "Don't apologise. We're just glad you're okay." James rubbed my back and helped me to my feet. 

I felt like such an idiot, "Wait, is he still in the bushes?" Evelyn shrugged and I looked at James before I stood up, "Get Mason, we're gonna find this lunatic."

+ + + 

We'd been in the woods for what felt like ages. It's only been a few minutes so this guy can't have gone far. 

"Where are you?" I screamed, scanning every inch of the woods. 

We were sticking together. It was dark and the light from the fire on the beach was getting dimmer as we got further and further into the woods. We were using our phone flashlights to guide us but even they were dim.

"Guys I have a bad feeling." Evelyn said, "Yeah, I don't like this." James agreed, "Me either, but they're here somewhere." 

"Yeah, probably watching us and laughing." Mason grumbled. I rolled my eyes, "There's no one here. Let's turn back." I said.