II

II: Unspeakable

"WHAT did I say about sickling?" Shit

I didn't falter at his voice and ended perfectly nonetheless. I stood up and awaited my fate as his heavy, intimidating footsteps approached me.

"Dismissed" I didn't move a muscle because I knew that didn't regard me. I held my breath and I could feel Sasha's sad eyes on me.

When we were alone he struck me. The metallic taste of blood filled my taste buds but I didn't react.

My ballet master yelled something distasteful in French before returning to his previous position. "Again!".

Almost getting through perfectly but sickling.
Strike
"сно́ва!" I immediately reset going again as ordered.

"ostanavlivat'sya!" I halt staring straight ahead with perfect posture. He circles me and stops directly in front of me. Stop!

"You have no room for mistakes, moy golub. Mistakes get you killed." He was right, one slip up and they would kill me. My dove

"Dismissed."

I walk down the hall with a stone face, I was sure my cheek was bruised and my feet were bleeding but showed no pain. If I did I'd get beat for it.

"Raye wait up!" I sigh and I don't even have to turn around to know it's Sebastian. I pretend not to hear him but he catches up with me anyways.

"Hey you are a really fast walker." He attempts to catch his breath now walking beside me. I wasn't a fast walker but I had a pretty wide stride considering I was 5'10.

I don't speak or acknowledge him but he still decides it's his opportunity to bother me.

"I haven't seen you since you got back how was New York?" I'd been back only a week and I already hated it.

"It wasn't a fucking vacation Sebastian and who told you about my mission?" I ask irritated that someone was already running their mouth.

"I may or may not have been listening from inside the vents of Nikolai's office." I wasn't surprised, this idiot had more lashings on his back than anyone else at the academy.

"You're a fucking idiot Sebastian." I say as we walked towards the canteen where most were already eating.

"You sure you don't wanna go to the infirmary?" He asks looking towards my cheek. I rolled my eyes annoyed with his pestering. "I've been hit harder." I say nonchalantly.

Before he could speak again I was approached by Sasha.

"What kind of sick fuck gets off on hitting girls?" Was the first thing she says, grabbing my face to examine and I slap her hand away. She scolds me and follows me to the table, Sebastian not far behind.