III

III: Fraction

Mateo had arrived to the house very along with the Doctor for El's 20 week ultrasound which was a week late due to Mateo's travels

Mateo had arrived to the house very along with the Doctor for El's 20 week ultrasound which was a week late due to Mateo's travels. She'd gotten one at 19 for just gender.

So far he's checked the babies spine, brain, limbs, feet, etc. Everything was looking okay for now.

I rolled my eyes watching Mateo genuinely smile for the first time since Bea went missing as the multiple heartbeats sounded. He'd missed the last ultrasound so this was his first time hearing it.

"They are about the size of a banana right now. They have developed a lot of their organs and their face so they actually look like babies now. Baby A is a little smaller than baby B but they are both with the percentile." The old man says as he wipes the gel from El's stomach.

"So they're healthy, everything should go smoothly?" Mateo asks.

"They are healthy as far as I can tell. I cannot promise there won't be any complications further along the line. As I've told Ms. Maxwell before, multiples pregnancies are all high risk. She should just be careful. Remember that she's eating for three but you also shouldn't eat too much. Whatever feels comfortable, but your health is very important as well. Make sure you're getting rest and doing some exercise here and there. I've told you Mr. Ricci, she needs some sun." He scolds Mateo towards the end who then scolds me. Great.

"Will do thank you." Mateo stands up to help Eliana from the bed.

Once Mateo goes to walk the doctor out Eliana sighs.

" What is it now?" I ask and she giggles lightly. "I'm just ready for this to be over with already. I hate being trapped here just as much as you." Her big doe eyes look over at me and she rests a hand on her underbelly.

"Please El, don't start crying again." She rolls her eyes and I snicker. She's been more sensitive than usual and I never let her forget the first night here, she soaked my shirt in her tears.

Mateo walked back in hearing my sentence and slapped me upside the head. Any other time we'd get into a full fledged fight, but not in front of Eliana.

"Mateo." She stated disapprovingly. As soon as he approached her I left the room and made my way downstairs. I grabbed my keys quickly, I was not going to listen to those two fuck their heads off.

-

I'd went to see my mother who wanted me over for dinner.

After about five minutes of her welcoming me and repeatedly kissing my cheek saying I never come to see her, I sit in the kitchen.

"Sometimes you look like your father." I scrunched my face up, I hate when she says that.

"Mamma please don't." , "Ok ok, I'm sorry. I just missed you." She carefully continues cutting up peppers.

"I'm waiting for a a few others to arrive. It's not likely for you to be on time. Or to come at all for that matter." I sigh in annoyance, one she knows all too well and she cuts her eyes at me. I knew she'd hit me if she were close enough.

"You didn't tell me this was some big dinner." I mumbled scrolling through my phone. "It's not, just a few friends." She waved her hand then flipped her honey blonde hair over her shoulder.

It was in fact not just a few friends.

She'd invited family members as well as an ex fling.

When I heard the annoying bubbly voice when my mother went to open the door I was tempted to look for the nearest exit.

"Oh my God Kenny, it's been sooo long." I made a face to myself while turned away. As the click of her heels came over I turned to act surprised.

Courtney pulled me in for a hug, pressing her hefty breasts against me. I gave my mom a look over Courtney's shoulder.

'Be nice.' She mouthed. I hesitantly hugged her back lightly.

"It has been a while." I say monotonously.

"Right we seriously need to catch up." He pulls away and gives me her overbearing smile and bats her eyes at me. Don't get me wrong Courtney may be excessively bubbly but she's pretty, and an entirely different person in bed.

She is a family friend on my mothers side so she's aware of what goes on briefly. I broke it off because she wanted more, I can't give that to her. She's too much maintenance and I'd rather be free. I'm only 23 but my mother insists on being my matchmaker.

"Courtney why are you here." I seize the opportunity as soon as my mother leaves from earshot.

She frowns before displaying her puppy dog look. "I missed you."

I grimace walking around her to leave the space. She follows closely behind calling after me.

When I return the the crowded dining space I see Bianca. I plead for help with my eyes and she smiles smugly.

"Hi Courtney, long time no see." She swoops in the save the day approaching us. "Why don't you sit by me, we have so much to catch up on." Bianca nudges her to the opposite side near her seat.

"I want to see El." She whispered sternly before walking away.

I knew she'd jump at the first opportunity to make me bring her, which Mateo specifically asked me not to since there is very minimal security. He felt the safest way to keep El was so nobody knew where she was and for Bianca was to stay with her fiancé.

He didn't want to risk the two of them, Enzo agreed. The two of them together in one place would be like killing two birds with one stone.

-

"Why do I have to sleep in the floor?" Sebastian and Sasha have been arguing for the past 30 minutes over the other bed

We were only give one hotel room with two beds for the first night.

"I'm a girl." Sasha shoved him and he scoffed.

"You've killed and you wanna pull that card?" I roll my eyes. I tuned them both out continuing to search through the secret cameras set up in the Don's home. I was hoping I'd see someone important but so far I got nothing.

"Would both of you shut up. Just share the damn bed." Sasha groans.

"Why do I have to share, you can share with him!" She shouts. Don't get me wrong as much as I love her, she can be a pain in the ass. She's like a nuisance. But I was told that was normal for younger sisters.

She goes to speak again but I see something come up on the camera. I quickly leaned forwards zooming in.

"I got something." They both scramble to see bumping each other in the process.

Once the image clears up I smile.

It was Alessandro Ricci.

_________________
I'm so ready for them to meet.