X

X: Gone Girl

Trigger Warning⚠️

I've probably looked at my phone 100 times after we landed in Poland

I've probably looked at my phone 100 times after we landed in Poland. Wondering why after half the day I still haven't received any updates on El from Kenzi.

"You good." Benji asks coming up beside me. I nod but I was in fact not good. In the midst of searching for my baby, my fiancée hasn't called me. I texted her like she asked when I landed.

"Yeah." I mutter and he nods lingering off. My phone vibrates just as I pocket it, I quickly retrieve it only to see it was my mother. I declined the call.

"Why don't you relax. She's fine." I could really punch him in the face right now, Enzo was really a pain in the ass. I was really regretting not letting him put cameras in the house now, I didn't want to risk them being hacked and seeing her.

"Don't fucking tell me to relax." I seethe and he held his hands up as if he were backing off. "You know we don't have to look here... do you really think Iris would do something like this?" He's defending her AGAIN.

I don't say a word and only give him a look and he sighs before deciding to stay quiet.

We were at a human trafficking auction center. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to come to terms with but I can't just cross it off without checking to see if she's here. I hope for everyone's sake she isn't.

The sad truth is sex trafficking, organ trafficking, and prostitution is a huge business in Poland, Russia, and the Netherlands. Looking through the black market and seeing the women, men and especially children. Little girls Bea's age, being sold. The thought is making me twitch, if they found out she was my daughter I'd be at their mercy.

The burly bald man we spoke with when we arrived came up to us. There was an auction going on right now if you looked past the desk.

"We don't exactly answer questions about the merchandise. I don't have any girl around age 5 right now, the young ones go out quickly. If she was here she's probably gone now. I suggest you get out asking questions before you make trouble for yourself." The mans Polish accent thick.