I

I: Just The Beginning

I was standing in Mateo's office with Benjamin and some of the other Capo's

I was standing in Mateo's office with Benjamin and some of the other Capo's. There was a board of everything Eliana, Iris, and Bea in front of us just like he'd done for my sister. I didn't think I'd be in this deep but the dead body lying on the floor and the blood splattered on the wall said otherwise.

Our distant cousin Milo said something along that lines of this all being ridiculous and I smoked him without letting him finish his sentence. He was useless and could never be trusted so he won't be missed.

I should've probably been in that position after what happened to Eliana on my watch but Mateo had a soft spot for me. We grew up like brothers since both of us only had sisters for the most part, our moms are sisters. Enzo was separated from us, trained heavily to become the Don but clearly he had a different path.

"Find her." Is all I said before dismissing us and they all left the room. It has been 2 months now and I haven't given up on looking for Iris and Bea. I was worried about my cousin as well seeing he has been away looking for them leaving me and Enzo to look over the mafia and El.

Enzo had got a picture of them from a nearby traffic light one of his friends hacked. That was in North Carolina and over a month ago.

"He's losing his shit." Benji says walking beside me and texting away on his phone. "Mhm." I say uninterested in talking about anything, he's always gotten under my skin. We part ways in the hallway.

Bianca sat in the kitchen and straightened up at the sight of me. She was on edge after every meeting I called.

"Kenzi I'm worried about Bea and Mateo. I think I should help, please." I shook my head and let out a low chuckle, Bianca had always been one to try and get her hands dirty when it came to any of us.

"No, you won't be helping with anything . I'm sure she's fine, hell she sends a letter every so often to assure him." I say boredly as I grabbed a drink from the fridge.

It may not seem like it but I'm worried as hell about my niece. I'd probably shoot Iris myself if I ever found her. Plus, she has Mateo off his fucking rocker and Eliana sleep deprived.

"Seriously Kenzi, it's never taken Enzo all this time to find anyone in this country. We don't even know where she is and who they're with for fucks sake." She was feeling guilty and had been avoiding her brother by any means necessary because she wasn't capable of facing him.

I rolled my eyes leaving Bianca as she dwells on the situation like she does every other week.

A message pinged on my phone and the number was unsaved but I knew who it was.

xxx-xx : Is everything okay? You haven't come over in a while...

I read her message knowing she'd see but decided not to reply. When I left Mateo's new house I made my way to the store to pick up a few things.